• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Dang this is too cool Overhaulin Bronco style. I will be at OCBR to lend a hand. Yellowrouge save some work for us ;D

maverickconner

Saryan,

Sorry for the delay, just got done painting my Bronco,,,,,No I go to OSU, on SW Blvd., OU has there division of their medical school over at the Schusterman center.

Trying to get the Bronco finished to drive it the first day back to school, its been 28 months in the making......

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
maverickconner said:
Saryan,

Sorry for the delay, just got done painting my Bronco,,,,,No I go to OSU, on SW Blvd., OU has there division of their medical school over at the Schusterman center.

Trying to get the Bronco finished to drive it the first day back to school, its been 28 months in the making......
I hear ya there. I havnt got to drive mine in about 14 months. If you ever want to see it just go up to Danny's and its there in the back. Or you can email me and I will meet you up there.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Admin-

Are we going to do something about hiding or deleting this thread so the surprise isn't blown??

The poll on the OBB site says let's get rid of this thread but leave a clue to what's going on.

Jon????

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
msweb said:
Are we going to do something about hiding or deleting this thread so the surprise isn't blown??

The poll on the OBB site says let's get rid of this thread but leave a clue to what's going on.

Jon????

To me even if he does find out, and being a Bronco nut I'm sure he has found this site, the surprise is going to be seeing it for the first time. So personally I'm not going to worry too much about him finding out. Not going to make any announcments that would give it away if he doesn't know either.

msweb

Bronco Guru
I agree with you, I just think it'd be cool to surprise him with it.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yellowrouge said:
To me even if he does find out, and being a Bronco nut I'm sure he has found this site, the surprise is going to be seeing it for the first time. So personally I'm not going to worry too much about him finding out. Not going to make any announcments that would give it away if he doesn't know either.

I thought about that too and decided that if I were he, having something like this going on to occupy my thoughts while I would otherwise be bored to tears would be worth a million bucks. It will be a 'surpirse' when he sees it for real, but the value of following - and wondering,wishing, participating - as it takes shape is very real too.

Just my .02....been there/done that. You (or at least many guys do) 'live' by planning the things you are going to do when you are back in the world, often in minute detail.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
msweb said:

This thread has been like a snow ball rolling down a hill getting bigger and bigger as it rolled, picking up more and more snow as it rolled. It's gotten pretty darn big and I have enjoyed watching it get bigger and bigger.

To delete this thread would be like picking the snow ball up, taking it into the house and putting it in the refrigerator. The snowball would change and by no longer rolling down the hill where it had been, cease to get bigger.

Although we have a pretty good refrigerator to put this snowball in, and I do like snowcones too, I suggest we leave it to roll on down the hill as it has and get as big as it can by not deleting this thread.

But let's keep the refigerator well stocked too :cool:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
astark said:
This thread has been like a snow ball rolling down a hill getting bigger and bigger as it rolled, picking up more and more snow as it rolled. It's gotten pretty darn big and I have enjoyed watching it get bigger and bigger.

To delete this thread would be like picking the snow ball up, taking it into the house and putting it in the refrigerator. The snowball would change and by no longer rolling down the hill where it had been, cease to get bigger.

Although we have a pretty good refrigerator to put this snowball in, and I do like snowcones too, I suggest we leave it to roll on down the hill as it has and get as big as it can by not deleting this thread.

But let's keep the refigerator well stocked too :cool:

LOL..we are not in to metaphors at all, are we?

cdkaminsky

Loc.
Pflugerville
bmc69 said:
I thought about that too and decided that if I were he, having something like this going on to occupy my thoughts while I would otherwise be bored to tears would be worth a million bucks. It will be a 'surpirse' when he sees it for real, but the value of following - and wondering,wishing, participating - as it takes shape is very real too.

Just my .02....been there/done that. You (or at least many guys do) 'live' by planning the things you are going to do when you are back in the world, often in minute detail.

I think that is a very valid point! Just think of all the shows on TV (Home MakeOver, etc) These folks know something is happening....but have no idea what. When they do get to see it...they are surprised as hell at the transformation.

I thought removing would be best, but think some valid points are made. Especially the one about being bored.....and letting this occupy his mind! Just keep all details to a minimum here! :)

BroncoBilly22

Loc.
Philly, PA
Can someone please PM me the website that was set up? I want to make some contributions to this cause. Great idea people, one of the most thoughtful things I've ever seen done!

God Bless Our Troops!

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
I know we got the tires covered now but how about wheels? I know we have had offers for good stock wheels but I am talking about somthing a little nicer looking for this rig. I might be able to get a set of almost new (5k) 33x12.5x16 MT/R's. A buddy of mine is selling them and if we could get wheels to match I know he would give me a good deal. He has 5 of them. We may not want to go to a 16 inch wheel but if you guys think this is good or know of someone who would cut us a good deal on 5 16 inch wheels then we might spend the same as we would on a set of brand new tires alone. Let me know if you guys know of anyone with such a wheel or if you see any on ebay. saryan25@cox.net

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Well Guys and Gals, I just wanted to let you know that Operation Baghdad Bronco has been loaded onto a wrecker from Central Arkansas Towing out of Conway, Arkansas and is on it's way to where John works at Smith Ford in Conway. I thought you all would be excited to hear that OBB is rolling on.

Attachments

• OBB rolling on.JPG
    OBB rolling on.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 142

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
CPT_D_1969 said:
Well Guys and Gals, I just wanted to let you know that Operation Baghdad Bronco has been loaded onto a wrecker from Central Arkansas Towing out of Conway, Arkansas and is on it's way to where John works at Smith Ford in Conway. I thought you all would be excited to hear that OBB is rolling on.

Now that is exciting news and I look forward to meeting you and your family someday, after all, we are neighbors :cool:

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
astark said:
Now that is exciting news and I look forward to meeting you and your family someday, after all, we are neighbors :cool:

That's right... we are neighbors. Are you coming to the Round-up? If so, I'll get to meet you then. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. ;D