• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
CPT_D_1969 said:
shawn webster wrote: (Wednesday, 03 August 2005)

My father is willing to make a trip around to get the bigger, hard to ship parts and deliver them where they need to go. He will pick up gas as well. We have an RV and trailer to get the stuff to wherever. This should save considerably on shipping. He will need a couple weeks notice. Please post this with his email address (rlweb@charter.net) so people can make arrangements. If you all could do some of the arranging, that would be great!!
Hope this helps,
shawn

This is a very generous offer. Any ideas on how to arrange this guys? :)
Maybe some regional "staging" areas --- example - Texas, La., OK parts could all be taken to my place (I'm in the D/FW area) and then there would just be one stop to pick up. Just a thought --

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
coachbarnes said:
Maybe some regional "staging" areas --- example - Texas, La., OK parts could all be taken to my place (I'm in the D/FW area) and then there would just be one stop to pick up. Just a thought --

I think that would be a great idea. Hopefully we will be able to arrange some "staging" areas soon so we can get this run planned out. I figure it is the least we can do since he is willing to drive around and pick everything up. Anyone else? I know DMJAMES volunteered for Georgia. :D

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
YellowBronc said:
I am also going to OCBR and will be coming from Missouri (approx 50 miles from KC). If there is anything I can transport for someone I'll be happy to bring it along. I also travel up near Omaha, Nebraska/Council Bluffs, Iowa area from time to time and would be willing to haul anything from there also.

YellowBronc,
You still up to this?

DMJAMES

Loc.
Statham, GA.
I think that would be a great idea. Hopefully we will be able to arrange some "staging" areas soon so we can get this run planned out. I figure it is the least we can do since he is willing to drive around and pick everything up. Anyone else? I know DMJAMES volunteered for Georgia.

I can also collect parts from surrounding states, AL, TN, S/NC. As it gets closer to the build will some one contact me and let me know the final choices of parts and an address to ship to. That way I can make arrangements to collect them. Any parts that are donated and I collect, I will pay for shipping. ;)

YellowBronc

Bronco God
CPT_D_1969 said:
YellowBronc,
You still up to this?

You bet!! All I need is some advance notice so that I can go get the items and bring them to my house first. Then I load whatever on the trailer that's bringing my Bronco to OCBR. (I don't own the trailer that's towing my Bronco).
If anything is along the way to Hot Sprongs, I can pick up as we travel south also.

Saddlehorse

Loc.
Cherokee, Texas
Just saw this for the first time today. What a project. Looks like there is ample parts being donated of which I do not have too many of anyway. But I would like to offer my prayers to this project and you and your husband. That never hurts. Thank you!

maverickconner

Hey Skiddy,
If they come up with something, just email me and we can cut out a few to see if everyone likes them....

I was thinking of something like a circle type emblem design

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
Danny from Dannys Differentials here in town said he would build the 9" and the 44 if we could bring them to him. Now I just need to find out who has those so I can get them here.... :)

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
maverickconner said:
Hey Skiddy,
If they come up with something, just email me and we can cut out a few to see if everyone likes them....

Sounds good let me know :cool:

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Saddlehorse said:
Just saw this for the first time today. What a project. Looks like there is ample parts being donated of which I do not have too many of anyway. But I would like to offer my prayers to this project and you and your husband. That never hurts. Thank you!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I am so grateful to everyone for all that is being done. To know that our troops and their families have your prayers and support means the world to me. ;D

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
saryan said:
Danny from Dannys Differentials here in town said he would build the 9" and the 44 if we could bring them to him. Now I just need to find out who has those so I can get them here.... :)

That is fantastic! That is where you are having work done on your Bronco right? Please be sure to thank him for me. :D

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
maverickconner said:
Hey Skiddy,

I am anxious to see what you guys come up with. Will you email me too? :D

msweb

Bronco Guru
Sticker Idea

I was in the process of having some stickers made using Jon's "Made in America" design that he uses on T-Shirts. I think the image is VERY appropriate for this project, represents the Red White and Blue AND classicbroncos.com. It could easily be incorporated into just about any design.

Opinions?

Ok with you Jon???

Attachments

• shirt-navy-flag-l.gif
    shirt-navy-flag-l.gif
    34.3 KB · Views: 22

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
CPT_D_1969 said:
That is fantastic! That is where you are having work done on your Bronco right? Please be sure to thank him for me. :D
Yeah thats the guy. He said he would also shave the 9" like this.

Attachments

• frame_0018.jpg
    frame_0018.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 9inch_0030.jpg
    9inch_0030.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 9inch_0027.jpg
    9inch_0027.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 70

msweb

Bronco Guru
Just to clarify my earlier post, the stickers I wanted to have made up were for something else (resale). I'm still waiting for a bid from the graphics guy/printer but think Maverickconner's neighbor would be the best bet for OBB.

maverickconner

I think my neighbor would do it for nothing if I bought the materials, I just need help with the graphic, I am artisticly challanged...lol ... I was thinking of something simple, kind of like the bucking bronco encircled by the name " operation Bagdad Bronco" ,,,, one , maybe two colors.