• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
Didn't mean it that way! I'm a married woman. Anyway thanks for the quick response. I wanted to check out the progress and see if we have anything laying around that would help the OBB.

Mellissa- thanks to your husband for his service and keeping us safe. This is awesome and I cannot think of anyone that deserves it more. You will be hooked on all this bronco stuff (like I am) before long. It's a great hoby to share with your husband. I think more wives should take part in the bronco obsession.

JESSICA

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
jeffjess72 said:
Didn't mean it that way! I'm a married woman.

We know. We don't get that dirty here. I was just trying a way to keep the thread bumped to the top. I wish my wife would get more involved in my eb...then she'd let me spend more money.
;D ;D ;D

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
msweb said:
And another thread goes down the drain.... :-X
Sorry! I continued the diversion from such a noble cause.....
I thought the Movie Title was very fitting. I shut up now :-X

jeffjess72 said:
Didn't mean it that way! I'm a married woman. Anyway thanks for the quick response...
JESSICA
We all know how you meant it. But our sick humor gets the best of us sometime! Sorry if you took offence....

Brian

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Alright to put us back on track here. OBB was rolled into the shop today. ;D Well, more like dragged in. Somebody gave me their Bronco with no gas in it. %) Just kidding with ya. Just happen to drive mine to work today and pulled out the tow strap and yanked her inside. We got the seats, outdoor carpet and the repair? peices of sheetmetal out before we called it a day. Next will be a total tear down and the list for absolute have to haves will be given. Good news is it looks like somebody undercoated it early in it's life. The frame especially, other than the cobble up job on the rear, looks great under the coating. More to come.

armc13

Loc.
NorCal
Hey everyone, my name is SGT L. and I recently found this website and of course this thread. I am a U.S. Army Infantryman currently deployed to Baghdad. I just wanted to tell you guys that you are the best sort of people, and despite what you see in the news we have found the American people to be incredibly supportive of us. Don't ever doubt that it makes a difference. Bottom line is, without people like you at home, we lose this war. On behalf of my brothers and sisters over here, thank you.

P.S. Don't worry, I'm NOT the dude who owns this Bronco, although my wife's name is also Melissa!!

P.P.S Can I get the link to the OBB website??? Thanks again

SGT L

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
yellowrouge said:
Alright to put us back on track here. OBB was rolled into the shop today. ;D Well, more like dragged in. Somebody gave me their Bronco with no gas in it. %) Just kidding with ya. Just happen to drive mine to work today and pulled out the tow strap and yanked her inside.QUOTE]

Sorry about that. ;D ;D Good thing you had your Bronco at work. Thank you again very much.

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
CPT_D_1969 said:
;D ;D Sent ;D ;D
Yipee!... I got another one........
Sorry! I slept in....
FYI, I will be on vacation all next week. With no internet/cell phone access :'( Don't know how I will survive.

msweb

Bronco Guru
ChrisinWV said:
I just installed a new hard drive and lost a lot of favorites somehow in the process.
Can I have the link again please?
Thank you!
Chris

I got this one!!! ;D ;D

Frankenhorse

Loc.
Smyrna,TN
Hey guys, girls, EB owners.... This thread is great and it has had at least one more benifit you don't know about. My wife didn't want much to do with the Bronco but, she seen this thread when I was reading it. She kicked me off the computer to go back and read the whole thing. Now she wants me to finish the Bronco so WE yes WE can hit some events and meet people. I have even seen her reading the BD mag.

Dan

P.S. She might want me to finish so the gararge would be free again but, I like the first reason better.

Oh ya PLEASE LINK ME THANK YOU

msweb

Bronco Guru
Cool, I never thought of a Bronco as a marital aid. Must be the added 5" ;D

Sorry, couldn't resist. At least I didn't tell you happy I was to finally get my "link" up :-X

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Frankenhorse said:
Hey guys, girls, EB owners.... This thread is great and it has had at least one more benifit you don't know about. My wife didn't want much to do with the Bronco but, she seen this thread when I was reading it. She kicked me off the computer to go back and read the whole thing. Now she wants me to finish the Bronco so WE yes WE can hit some events and meet people. I have even seen her reading the BD mag.

Dan

That sure was nice to hear! I think this is a great hobby for couples. I can't wait to meet everyone and hit the trails. Don't think he is going to get to have ALL the fun either. ;)