• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

astark

Contributor
Bronco God

ghost66

Bronco Guru
This is really quite exciting, I just made my donation through the link and feel honored to have the opportunity to be a part of Operation Baghdad Bronco.

CPT_D_1969 said:
Well Guys and Gals, I just wanted to let you know that Operation Baghdad Bronco has been loaded onto a wrecker from Central Arkansas Towing out of Conway, Arkansas and is on it's way to where John works at Smith Ford in Conway. I thought you all would be excited to hear that OBB is rolling on.

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
ghost66 said:
This is really quite exciting, I just made my donation through the link and feel honored to have the opportunity to be a part of Operation Baghdad Bronco.

Thank you so much. This project is definately one for the books. I hope this story truely does make it into Bronco Driver magazine. I sure would like for everyone to see how kind and supportive this Bronco community is. It is so amazing to me. :D

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Maybe you can go on tour when its done and you family is back together!
Family vacation across country showing off your bronco and meeting fellow bronco lovers. What could be better?

The California & Canadians would love to see the finish project...

;D

mo-bronco

Could someone re-post the info on where we can contribute to this project? Thanks.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
mo-bronco said:
Could someone re-post the info on where we can contribute to this project? Thanks.

They are trying to keep the other site a secret, so I just sent you the link by PM.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
CPT_D_1969 said:
Well Guys and Gals, I just wanted to let you know that Operation Baghdad Bronco has been loaded onto a wrecker from Central Arkansas Towing out of Conway, Arkansas and is on it's way to where John works at Smith Ford in Conway. I thought you all would be excited to hear that OBB is rolling on.

Well that's great. Charlie told me they would have it to me tomorrow. I hope someone gets me some front floor pans soon. ;D

YellowBronc

Bronco God
CPT_D_1969 said:

Glad to see OBB is off to a start. I'm even getting exited to meet you and the infamous Bronco. Just one more reason to go to OCBR at Hot Springs! I should be easy to spot........I'm usually hanging out with Astark, Ricks77 and driving around with 3 wheels on the Bronco. (Hopefully not this year) ;)

west texas kid

Loc.
Lubbock, Texas Tech
i love how everyone has come together to support yet another one of americas heroes. if i wasnt a broke college student i would be donating a nice chunk of change for sure.

can someone send me a PM with the link to the site?

wes

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I finally got to posting the disk brake pieces I have on the site. Not sure what will happen from here and I had no idea that the site was being kept on the down low. Good thing no had asked me for a link because I would have given it to them and not known the rule. That would've made me feel bad.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
I would like to offer a suggestion. Should we limit who we send the link to...say if they are under 50 posts? I know it can be a mean thing to do to some of the new guys but how do we know the husband doesn't sign up and get the link?? I personally wouldn't want him over there discoverinig all our thoughts and ideas.

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
sfaforester said:
I would like to offer a suggestion. Should we limit who we send the link to...say if they are under 50 posts? I know it can be a mean thing to do to some of the new guys but how do we know the husband doesn't sign up and get the link?? I personally wouldn't want him over there discoverinig all our thoughts and ideas.

I thought about the same thing....but I would hate to tell someone they can't contribute because they are a newbee! This would also impact the contributions and also hurt feelings.

If her husband goes to the trouble of tricking us for a link, it would be his lost!

Remember when you were a kid and knew what you were getting for christmas? It spoiled christmas..........

We are trying to supprise him, but if he wants to spoil it he can do it easily!

I have a similar reason for not killing this thread....The feelings, kindness, and exporsure this thread has, can not be duplicated. I think this thread has brought alot of people to this project and will continue to bring in more (who might just be newbees)

So if the Hubby wants to ruin his surprise, he decieve the very people who are going out of their way to Thank him and his family for his service!

Just my 2 cents on the subject...... ;D

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Hey Guys,
I understand your concern that Philip might try to do something along those lines, but in all honesty I can tell you that he is not the type of person that would do something like that. I know as a kid he did peak at Christmas presents, but this is a little different. From what is on the thread, he can see that we are trying to keep the details a surprise and though it would be tempting, I don't believe he would be that sneaky. :D