• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
Mike C said:
WOW...I had no idea!

I should have had my wife jump on here and have you all build my Bronco for me while I was gone. It would have saved me alot of money.

You are all very nice for contributing to this project but you are all "suckers".

what a HOLE! %) %) %)

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
I checked it out too....

CPT_D_1969 said:
astark,
I checked it out, I don't get the outdoor channel here. I guess I will miss Jake on TV again :'( Have a great night! Talk to you guys in the morning :)

To those members of the military following this thread: Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service to this great country of ours. Thank you for defending our rights and freedoms both here and overseas. Thank you for your sacrifices, your time, and your devotion. Thank you to your families for the many nights they spend worried over how and where you are. Thank you for leaving the routine of everyday life to be heros. And Thank you for seeing that it is worth every minute of hell you endure to stand firm and proud for what you believe in. :)

I checked out the Outdoor Channel too. I hope they had a great night and be sure and post to let us know how it was!! :cool:

I don't think Melissa could have said it any better! Mike C I am sorry you just really don't get it that is unfortunate. :( :( :(

ALso, I would like to say to Mike C thank you so much for your military service and all of the sacrifices that you have made! ;D ;D ;D

Leslie

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
D44 offer from Texas..

Melissa have we had any luck on getting the D44 that was offered from Fort Worth to the Mid point?? I know John will be needing that soon and it still has to go to Danny also huh?? Just thougt I would check in. We have a ride for it from the mid point to John but not one from Fort Worth to the midway point?? ?:?
Leslie

broncoman33

Loc.
San Diego, CA
Hey,

I have emailed EVERYONE I Know in Dallas/FT Worth and am trying to get someone to help out on the D44. I have offered to pay their gas, so we will see what happens.

Some have trucks, some don't, but maybe they know someone else.

John

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
broncoman33 said:
Hey,

I have emailed EVERYONE I Know in Dallas/FT Worth and am trying to get someone to help out on the D44. I have offered to pay their gas, so we will see what happens.

John

If that doesn't work out, I will try to borrow a truck and come there. I don't think my minivan would hold it. ;)
Thank you for trying to get it here John. Let me know what I need to do. :)

broncoman33

Loc.
San Diego, CA
Well Melissa,

We may be in luck,

My buddy Dale has a big Chevy Pickup and is willing to go to Texarkana with his sons for a road trip!

I just need to know if someone can be there Saturday the 15th (it is about a 3 hour + drive once he picks it up) and where to meet.

I am in the early stages of setting this up with the guy who has it and the driver here, but the earlier you can let me know what you can do on your end, the quicker we can set this up.

Let me know!!

John

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
broncoman33 said:
Hey,

John
I'll tell ya what -- if someone can get it from Ft. Worth to my place(30 mi. E. of Dallas), then I'll haul it to Texarkana -- whoever meets me in Texarkana might have to do it at a weird time, because my schedule is crazzzzy right now...or if someone wants to borrow my flatbed trailer, they're more than welcome to do that as well. It's the same one Bighoov used to haul his EB up to OCBR, so it's a decent trailer that tows well.

broncoman33

Loc.
San Diego, CA
coachbarnes said:
I'll tell ya what -- if someone can get it from Ft. Worth to my place(30 mi. E. of Dallas), then I'll haul it to Texarkana -- whoever meets me in Texarkana might have to do it at a weird time, because my schedule is crazzzzy right now...or if someone wants to borrow my flatbed trailer, they're more than welcome to do that as well. It's the same one Bighoov used to haul his EB up to OCBR, so it's a decent trailer that tows well.

Well Coachbarnes,

As soon as Melissa chimes in, we can figure out what the best thing is.
My buddy sure can get it to you no problem, but lets see who/when can we set up a meet in Texarkana.

D44 on the way!!!

Melissa, I PM'd you.

john

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
Bob Webster was going to pick my Dana 44 up and bring it out there, but that wasn't going to happen until the week after Christmas. So if you can get one sooner great.. Sorry I wasn't able to get mine to ya..

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
daddyg said:
Bob Webster was going to pick my Dana 44 up and bring it out there, but that wasn't going to happen until the week after Christmas. So if you can get one sooner great.. Sorry I wasn't able to get mine to ya..

I do appreciate you donating your Dana 44. I am not trying to be impatient, but I would like to get those axles to Danny at Danny's Differentials in time for him to get them squared away. Thank you again very much. :)

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
broncoman33 said:
Well Melissa,

We may be in luck,

My buddy Dale has a big Chevy Pickup and is willing to go to Texarkana with his sons for a road trip!

I just need to know if someone can be there Saturday the 15th (it is about a 3 hour + drive once he picks it up) and where to meet.

I am in the early stages of setting this up with the guy who has it and the driver here, but the earlier you can let me know what you can do on your end, the quicker we can set this up.

Let me know!!

John

John,

Saturday would be great. Give the your friend my number, and we can set up the time and place to meet in Texarkana. Thank you again so much for donating this! That is very nice of you. Talk to you soon, Melissa :D

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
I'm an hour north of Texarkana. I can meet him as well if need be. Only thing is I can't bring it very (prescott or further) far cause I have to meet someone at noon. Will the meet happen in the morning?

I also have a trailer we can use or I'll let melissa use it to take it the rest of the way. I can get the trailer later. let me know.

Shoeless

bigjhoov said:
I might be able to help. I can go get it in FT Worth and go all the way. Someone call me @ 214-868-4668

That would be awesome! I will call you Fri am.

Thanks!

Sholess

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
coachbarnes said:

That is great! Thank you very much for offering to haul it to Texarkana. What time frame are you considering? :)

Thank you all so much for helping get this thing together. Nothing like this would have ever taken place without everyones help. Thank you again. :D

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
sfaforester said:
I'm an hour north of Texarkana. I can meet him as well if need be. Only thing is I can't bring it very (prescott or further) far cause I have to meet someone at noon. Will the meet happen in the morning?

I also have a trailer we can use or I'll let melissa use it to take it the rest of the way. I can get the trailer later. let me know.

Not sure on the time yet. Still working out the details I think. Thanks Monte!

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Shoeless said:
That would be awesome! I will call you Fri am.

Thanks!

Sholess
Looks like BigJ and Shoeless have it goin' -- BigJ's offer was much better than mine! ;D If somethin' changes, let me know, but I'm assuming it's handled without me right now.

Jerry -- hollar if you want the trailer -- it's bein' used on a hayride saturday night, but open anytime other than that. See ya -- Scott

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
coachbarnes said:
Looks like BigJ and Shoeless have it goin' -- BigJ's offer was much better than mine! ;D If somethin' changes, let me know, but I'm assuming it's handled without me right now.

Jerry -- hollar if you want the trailer -- it's bein' used on a hayride saturday night, but open anytime other than that. See ya -- Scott

Now wheres that thread asking about online friends? ;D

Shoeless

Hey Melissa,
I think we are getting the D44 worked out...I will let you know when plans are final.

Shoeless

Shoeless

Good news! I am on the way to Texarkana in the morning to pick up the D44 and axles!

I will post thanks on here to the people who made this possible as soon as I get all of their names figured out!!

Shoeless

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Shoeless said:
Good news! I am on the way to Texarkana in the morning to pick up the D44 and axles!

I will post thanks on here to the people who made this possible as soon as I get all of their names figured out!!

Shoeless

Alright Shoeless,

Now you said to meet you at Denny's at 5 or 5:30am? :eek: Dang, I never get up that early on a Saturday unless it's to fish or hunt. I guess this is an even better reason though! ;D