• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

commonlaw

Loc.
Seattle
This site/thread is AWESOME. I am proud to be a member with efforts/people like this surrounding me. :)

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
I just wanted to take a minute to thank you all for all your efforts. This entire experience has been and still is unbelievable. I am so very grateful for all that has been done and for what is yet to come. I just want you all to know that. The people I have gotten to know upon joining this site and everyone I met at the OCBR this year, I am so very thankful to be a part of such a wonderful community. You all will be our extended family as we go wherever the ARMY sends us. Thanks again so much. :)

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
astark said:
And a Happy Thanksgiving to you my friend :cool:

I still need to send those pics your way from the OCBR. :)

Attachments

• OCBR 2005.JPG
    OCBR 2005.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 145
  • OCBR ride 1.JPG
    OCBR ride 1.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 140
  • OCBR ride 2.JPG
    OCBR ride 2.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 125

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Great pics from a great time, can't wait till the next ;)

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
CPT_D_1969 said:
I still need to send those pics your way from the OCBR. :)

Melissa you looked like you were at home on your ride at the OCBR!! ;D ;D

I know you can't wait to test the OBB out on one of the trails!!!! :cool: :cool:

4wheelnar

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
The OBB Web Page.

Have you guys checked out the Bronco restore web page? It looks pretty awesome. Corey did a great job on updating it!! :cool: ;D

Anyone come up with an idea about how to get the hard top to John yet?? Can you believe it is only going to be a few more weeks and the OBB project is going to be coming to an end? I can't wait to see the Hubby's face. :eek: :eek:

4wheelnar

Last edited:

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
OBB Ebay Auction for the project

CPT_D_1969 said:
John, are there new pics?

What do you guys think about us having another OBB raffle? Are there any items you would like in the raffle? Please let me know what ya'll think so we can get it started soon.
;D
CPT_D_1969 said:

What do you guys think about Ebay auctions for the donated items? Since we have already a raffle for the OBB this might be a different way to get a little extra money really needed for the Hard Top shipping charges... Any input? Whatever we decide we are going to have to make a decision soon. Hubby will be getting home in about a month. We will need to get the Top here before Christmas... Thanks for all your help so far you guys. You are all awesome. ;D ;D

4wheelnar

Shoeless

4wheelnar said:
CPT_D_1969 said:

What do you guys think about Ebay auctions for the donated items? Since we have already a raffle for the OBB this might be a different way to get a little extra money really needed for the Hard Top shipping charges... Any input? Whatever we decide we are going to have to make a decision soon. Hubby will be getting home in about a month. We will need to get the Top here before Christmas... Thanks for all your help so far you guys. You are all awesome. ;D ;D

4wheelnar

I think ebay might be a good way to do this.... if I can get the stuff sent to me so I can photo and work up descriptions, I will be glad to take care of posting the items and handling the sales.

Shoeless

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Wow! We sure are getting close to the end of this project! It has been amazing so far. We were trying to come up with a way to bring in a little money to help complete this operation. I was considering another raffle, but I am not sure that is the best route to take. It has been suggested that we collect the items offered and place them up for auction on eBay. What do you guys think about this option? It would be seen by more people, and maybe the items would bring more than what a raffle would bring. I want your opinions on this before we do anything. This is your project. None of this would have been done without all of you. Let me know what you think so we can get this started either way. Auction or Raffle? Are there any items you guys might like to offer for this cause? Thank you all again so much! Ya'll are wonderful! :D

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
My opinion is the "stuff" offered is for the purpose of rasing funds. Something that I'm sure is key to finishing on time. So....again "IMHO" would be to do whatever is needed to maxamize the "funding" ie Ebay if you are so inclined. (hopefully all biders "buck up")

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Jeepster said:
My opinion is the "stuff" offered is for the purpose of rasing funds. Something that I'm sure is key to finishing on time. So....again "IMHO" would be to do whatever is needed to maxamize the "funding" ie Ebay if you are so inclined. (hopefully all biders "buck up")

Thank you for your opinion. I am not known for my decision making skills so at the end of the week we will do one or the other based on the responses here. Thank you all again. ;D

YellowBronc

Bronco God
We'll have a celebrity on TV? Someone needs to record and make an MPG file for all of us to view!

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
YellowBronc said:
We'll have a celebrity on TV? Someone needs to record and make an MPG file for all of us to view!
That sounds like a good idea. It shouldn't be long now and we will get to be on the local news! We just have to get a day nailed down. ;)