• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydro Boost - Astro VS. Mustang?

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is there any difference between the Astro Van and the 1999-2004 Hydro Boost Options? Pros, Cons, Same pedal Feel, Power?

The only thing I see different is the Mustang MC has outputs both on side and bottom.

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Speaking form experience, pedal feel has a lot to do with the master cylinder used.
A 1" bore master gave me a low, squishy, super sensitive pedal. The 1 1/8" bore
master gives me a much higher less sensitive pedal. I'm running a '90-'93 Astro H-boost.

As far a Astro vs. Mustang, others will chime in I'm sure.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've had the larger bore, (94-95?) Astro system. Decent feel, a little soft but worked great.

I have seen the popular 99-04 Mustang Hydroboost as well, and wanted to know the difference.

Are the fitting sizes the same? Do both have the 1 1/8' Bore? Pedal feel?

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I have run 6 completely different braking systems on my Bronco... I was waiting to install the hydroboost when I put in the 4r70W because I moved the entire m/c and swing pedal assembly...

Astro van hydro and m/c is the BEST pedal and brakes I've ever had on a Bronco...been driving them since I was 17... I have run an adj proportioning valve for the rear (ripped off the stock unit w/o adjustability) since about '86.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
RGuest, I'm running the mustang hydroboost and can't tell a difference from my 2011 Cadillac. I have never driven an EB with the astrovan hydro but if you want to drive my EB to see the difference I am probably about 8 miles from you, just give me a call.