• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydro boost plumbing?

76rustomatic

Loc.
Reno
So close but i think my plumbing is wrong. The hydro and PS pump are from a Mark V. If my plumbing is ok than I will have to get hoses made. The return from the hydro to the PS pump wont hold pops off when I start it up.Thanks

Attachments

• hydyro plumb.JPG
    hydyro plumb.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 101
  • pump.JPG
    pump.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 84

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
76rustomatic said:
So close but i think my plumbing is wrong. The hydro and PS pump are from a Mark V. If my plumbing is ok than I will have to get hoses made. The return from the hydro to the PS pump wont hold pops off when I start it up.Thanks
The two hydro lines on the pump are backwards. The lower one is the hi pressure out and the top is the return line.
On the booster the line you have going in will never work. The power steering pump puts out too much pressure for hose clamps to hold it. As you mentioned already you may need to get a hydraulic line made. If both came from a Mark V though I would think you could just get a stock line for the Mark V.

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
The one labeled "hi to hydro" is a low return. The one labeled "return from hydro" is the hi pressure output.
Plus you are using worm drive hose clamps on the hi pressure lines. This will not hold. You need to get lines made or you can make some yourself with hi pressure fittings.

OP
OP
76rustomatic

76rustomatic

Loc.
Reno
Thanks you guys. The stock hoses where way to long. Think I will re plumb it and take the hoses to a shop so they can copy the bends and length.

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
Hey 76Rustomatic, can you post more pics of your angle bracket, maybe from the other side? I'm trying to decide how to adapt the h-boost to the angle bracket when I get to that point. It looks like you welded aa adaptor plate to the angled bracket there. Did you need to space it out?

OP
OP
76rustomatic

76rustomatic

Loc.
Reno
Its the stock bracket from my 76 with a piece of 3/16 plate and spacers that I pulled off the 78 mark V.Hear is the pick

Attachments

• P1010058.JPG
    P1010058.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited: