• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hydro boost Plumbing

BLAKEBRONCO

Loc.
Cumming Georgia
Guys,

I'm doing the Astro hydro-boost on my 72'. I didn't like the idea of an in-line "T" fitting, so I decided to use the power steering pump and remote resevior off an Atro as well. I'm ashamed to ask this, but... There is a small return on the pump as well as the resevior. Do I return the LP return from the booster to the resevior and the return from the gearbox to the pump? Or Vice versa?

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
BLAKEBRONCO said:
Guys,

I'm doing the Astro hydro-boost on my 72'. I didn't like the idea of an in-line "T" fitting, so I decided to use the power steering pump and remote resevior off an Atro as well. I'm ashamed to ask this, but... There is a small return on the pump as well as the resevior. Do I return the LP return from the booster to the resevior and the return from the gearbox to the pump? Or Vice versa?
Nothing to be ashamed about, asking questions is how you learn.
Hydroboost LP return goes to pump, Power steering box return to the reservoir. This routing is uses for cooling reasons of the fluid.
TOFIC