• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I give up...can someone explain to me...

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Mine have been doing that as well. I use Photobucket most of the time so I don't worry about it.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I have found that if i rotate the pic and save it upside down then rotate it right side up and save it again then post it.(all while its in my album )It will be right side up. This is with an iphone though

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
You must be using an apple device! Lol Thats the only thing I have trouble on. My iphone or ipad pics are always misoriented. The only fix I have found is to save them twice as someone said above. Save them sideways, then rightside up and they will post correct for some reason :mad:

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
From what I can tell, apple devices store a "rotation tag" to the file. This tag is apparently only recognized by other apple devices. When viewed on a PC or other device, the picture is rotated, because it doesn't recognize the tag and automatically rotate it properly. By re-saving the picture, most PCs will remove that tag.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
If you take your picture with the phone held horizontal, the picture will be oriented correctly.

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I have found that if i rotate the pic and save it upside down then rotate it right side up and save it again then post it.(all while its in my album )It will be right side up. This is with an iphone though

Waaa? Wow, that must have taken some time to figure out. You pretty much have to figure it out by accident. :)

If you take your picture with the phone held horizontal, the picture will be oriented correctly.

This is what I have found, if it's camera phone pics you're having difficulty with.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Yeah. Was gettin pretty pissed. Originally thought if I just saved it upside down it would be good but was still upside down. So savid it right side up and it worked. Purely coincidental. Lol