• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I got screwed...

Draper69

Loc.
Oroville Ca.
The guy I bought the Bronco from said the engine had just been rebuilt. Well so far the heads, and piston rings need to be replaced...and a bunch of other stuff went really bad. How can people sleep at night when they pull this type of shit on people. I was stupid and showed how much I wanted the bronco and he really f&*cked me over. No Doors, NO Top, a little rust and a broken Dana 30 with bad brakes and a soft top wich I had to sell to buy parts to make it run... I paid 3200$ and he made it sound like I was ripping him off. No I have to fix the rings and the heads so I can kiss goodbye all the fun susp. crap I was gonna do. Man I feel like a complete retard for letting myself get suckerd into buying this Sorry guys I had to vent. At least the small bearing 9 inch just needed new seals..

66horse

Bronco Guru
The bright side is you do have a bronco!<br><br>Sorry you got screwed man. Thats sucks.

canadabronco

Loc.
Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
If it makes you feel any better I am in the same boat. I bought mine for even more but I was also told that the engine was just rebuilt. There was rust when he got it but he did a good job removing it all. Ha ha. I now have a Bronco that has not been driven during a wicked summer. I am now building a used 351W up a little. I hope this one lasts a little longer. I think it will. I have a fair bit of rust lurking under the paint. I don't rwally want to deal with that but... All I can say is I feel your pain but you really have to look on the bright side. You now have a vehicle that is going to bring a ton of fun and respect from your buddies that only wish they could have you rig. Keep you head up you're one of us now and we will see you through all the nonsense that is going to pop up on you.

T

teknalee

don't be so hard on yourself.. i was stupid and got excited and spent 8000 on mine :eek: .. rusty floor boards, bed, and top...some dents and imperfections which im not so concerned with... and had to have the engine rebuilt which i'm not whining too much about now ;D replaced the tranny.. but yea i paid more for the truck than they probably costed brand new :-[

72bronco

Bronco Guru
When I bought mine the previous owner told me that he had rebuilt the engine and put in a new tranny. The truck ran like a scorched cat, was freshly painted and looked awesome. I negotiated him down to 7 grand and felt like I had made the deal of a lifetime. After driving it home it broke down the next day. Within the first six months of ownership I had to replace the heads, radiator, water pump, tranny, battery, brakes, timing chain, heater core, distributor, plus a whole bunch of other things I can't even remember right now. It was a total disaster and my wife was furious that it seemed to be breaking down every other week. Like you I felt screwed. <br><br>On the other hand I quickly learned how to work on my truck and now I actually enjoy tinkering with it. Plus after I got through all the initial problems it has been very reliable for the past 3 years. Best of all I get compliments on it all the time which makes the entire experience worth it. Was it a pain in the ass? Yes. But I wouldn't sell my bronco for anything except maybe money for another bronco.

OP
OP
D

Draper69

Loc.
Oroville Ca.
Course I wont sell my bronco and yes I am comfortable now working on anything on it when I used to be worried about changing the air filter. But I still wish people out there were a little nicer. Anything for a buck. I hope that when I sell a car..(never selling the bronco unless I die) that I will tell the person everything I know and be completely honest. But your right I have learned alot about cars wich would have cost me money to take classes and learn about anway. So I am grateful for that.

dash8mx

Sorry you got the shaft hard. I as a general rule never listen to anything about the motor being rebuilt if they have no receipt then it didn't happen. Hope you have better luck in the future. I think we all get screwed at some point as long as you don't let it happen again you paid for the lesson only once. william in va

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
[quote author=dash8mx link=board=5;threadid=7903;start=0#55586 date=1029061628]<br>Sorry you got the shaft hard. I as a general rule never listen to anything about the motor being rebuilt if they have no receipt then it didn't happen. Hope you have better luck in the future. I think we all get screwed at some point as long as you don't let it happen again you paid for the lesson only once. william in va<br>[/quote]<br><br>yep as dash8mx said, we all get screwed at least once in our life buying something. Thats how you get experence. Been there, done that. :-[ I've learned to never believe anything about a vehicle unless proven to me and never buy on impulse unless experence tells me that its a good deal. I got a good deal on mine, but as I work on it I find out more and more how its not as perfect as I have thought. Good luck it'll all work out.

ktmrob200

I hate things like that. I know the expenses of repairing and that the EB's keep getting higher in price. I've been looking for another and can't believe what people are asking for what they have. Just remember <br>some people will do whatever it takes to get out of something. But we will all try and help when repairs are in order.

MI-Bronco

Sorry to hear that man. I'm hoping that the guy was straight and he had it rebuilt, but the rebuilder screwed up. I try to believe in people, but verify everything I can.<br><br>But look at it this way, now you can do the engine mods you wanted to do. EFI, or head replacement. Slap on those headers while you got it apart. Paint the peices. Alot of mods you can get done. Maybe not the ones you had in mind, but mods you will happy you made!!<br><br>IFYP

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
Hang his entrails from a tree in his front yard as a warning to the next seller....... :eek:<br><br>I think I need to quit watching so many movies :-X

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=Draper69 link=board=5;threadid=7903;start=0#55575 date=1029048437]<br>The guy I bought the Bronco from said the engine had just been rebuilt. Well so far the heads, and piston rings need to be replaced...and a bunch of other stuff went really bad. How can people sleep at night when they pull this type of shit on people. I was stupid and showed how much I wanted the bronco and he really f&*cked me over. No Doors, NO Top, a little rust and a broken Dana 30 with bad brakes and a soft top wich I had to sell to buy parts to make it run... I paid 3200$ and he made it sound like I was ripping him off. No I have to fix the rings and the heads so I can kiss goodbye all the fun susp. crap I was gonna do. Man I feel like a complete retard for letting myself get suckerd into buying this Sorry guys I had to vent. At least the small bearing 9 inch just needed new seals..<br>[/quote]<br><br>I always ask to see receipts when I hear "all the work I have done". The way I see it any 'real' bronco guy keeps all his receipts. I paid 5k for my 77 2 years ago(2nd bronco for me) so I knew a few things from the first one. He handed me a folder with receipts dated back to '92 a few years after he bought it. It even had all the oil change rec. and had all the paper work for the engine and tranny rebuild the new PS pump all the seals and bearings even a rec. from duffs for the new seat covers and padding.......... All she had was the rust on the rear seams and needed tires. Lucky find. You gotta look at the owner and try and judge him before you buy.

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
I hear you loud and clear. I just replaced the heads and the entire block in mine. It is a great motor but you talk about misery for a while...Just be patient and do something each week to it and you will be suprised how fast it turns around. Good luck, let us know what help you need.

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
Note to self....remember Draper69 when I sell my Bronco.... Hehe. I always want to sell something more than people want to buy it or want to buy something more that someone wants to sell it. So its all part of the Bronco fun.

Newt

A lot of States have Truth in Selling laws. Do you have a copy of an add or something in writing saying what was rebuilt. SUE the sucker.

Boatsw

Loc.
East Texas
Forget court, just wait and push him (with your Bronco) <br>off the Feather River(joke)..Used to live near Lake Almanor...live and learn

Blue_Oval_Boy

Loc.
New Site, Alabama
well that sucks for you man. in my experience i have learned BUYER BEWARE. if the guy said the motor had been rebuilt, and it didnt look clean and fresh, that would have been my first eye opener. you just kinda gotta be patient. we looked at 6 different broncos before i got mine.

OP
OP
D

Draper69

Loc.
Oroville Ca.
Well turns out I have a buddy who might be selling a 91 EFI 5.0 for 350 bucks.. all she needs is a flywheel. I dont have time to do it but what the hell I didnt want to drive it this summer.

G

just put it up on ebay, you'll make enough to buy 2 more in good shape! hehehe :D