• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ICON to build a Bronco!?!?

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
You know what? This does nothing but help us "bottom feeders". That's right when the average joe, who has long forgotten how cool our ol' girls (or boys) are see this rebirth, it puts these classics back on the consumer radar and it only increases the market value of our EB's.

So capitalists don't despair, and hold on to them EB's. I feel a resurgence coming around. It's a buyers market right now. But I feel soon in the EB world demand is going to out do supply.

BTW, I think the head cheeses at Ford are knuckleheads for not recognizing the market potential. Just look at the success of the latest incarnation of the FJ cruiser.

BuckBronco76

Loc.
Louisiana
What I want to know is if they are going to put colored carpet and seats in them and spruce up the interior like the old Bronco Ranger interiors?

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Very cool Ken I like it. I think that anyone that can create a business and sell these types of vehicles for the price point he does is a pretty good businessman. Don't hold anything against him. Heck if I could generate that kind of money out of a restoration shop, I would tomorrow, hats off to him.

ICON Bronco

Alright, it's true they are brutally expensive to realize, but not 250k guys! Alot goes into these. We fully realized a new chassis platform for this project in CAD, plus about 200 hours in CNC time cutting stainless for each truck. Thanks for everyone's help and support in the bronco community.JW

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
JW, Welcome to the ClassicBroncos site and thanks for dropping a note. We are all having a blast watching the success of the ICON Bronco and hope you take all the ribbing about the price in good humor. I'm half way there on that price and I'm doing just off-the-frame restomods. So a full-up manufacturing has got get crazy real quick. Here’s hoping for continued success!

markperry

Bronco Guru
LOL Wow, do you guy's feel like you were just talking about your boss, then he walked up on ya?

BroncKrawler

Loc.
Harrisburg, Oregon
If I had the cash, I'd buy an Icon Bronco in a heartbeat, it's everything I'd like to have on my '68 and it still looks like a classic Bronco to me. What I'm hoping will happen is Ford will realize with this new reincarnation that there's still a market for a small, bare bones 4x4 to compete with Jeep and the Toyota FJ. I doubt Ford would build us a solid axle'd, 4 linked, off-road worthy rig, but who is honestly gonna spend over 30K on a new rig and then take it on the Rubicon trail or Moab and beat the crap out of it? Just bringing back the Bronco would be awesome and I'd probably buy one too

Brian77Bronco

Loc.
Tyler
Icon Bronco.

Has anyone seen this yet? I ran across it today, and I don't know about you...but I think it's impressive.
01-icon-ford-bronco-qs-opt.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/31/icon-bronco-quick-spin-review/

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
The cost is approx. $150,000 for it. Impressive? Not to me... Heckuva alot of money for a rebuilt Bronco...

Agreed! With the exception of the chassis and a few trim pieces such as the mirrors, turn signal, grill and glass, all the parts are off the shelf. Still an impressive and super clean build but parts total about 60 grand. Labor must be expensive in Cali ;D The Bronco in the picture above is the first one costing 170,000. Depending on options they will go up to 230,000.

That being said, I am happy that they built it. Its good that the old Bronco is getting some media attention.