• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ignition & Coil

76BroncoSport

Loc.
McKinney, Texas
I was wondering what you guys recommend to replace my stock ignition and coil on my 76. I was looking in Summit, but I'm not sure to go off road msd, mallory, accell? Let me know what some of you are running and if you like it or not. I don't want to go factory guys, help me out. I have edelbrock cam, intake, carb on a 302.

Krusher

Loc.
Brookhaven, MS
I running a DUI from Performance Distributors in Memphis. One wire hook up for keyed power, and one lead for the tach. Couldn't be more simple, and eliminates all that "Rats Nest" wiring under the hood. The only negative is it requires a higher than normal hood clearance and a small diameter air cleaner, as the DUI unit is pretty big. I cut the center hood brace out and went with an Edelbrock 8" air cleaner....... allows me to use the stock hood with a performer intake and Edelbrock 600cfm carb.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D I run a mallory unlite and promaster coil put them in in 86 and have not had any problems at all so can say IT works for ME good luck. ::) ::) ::) Bill 8) ::) :p

ryansbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
The place of bronco
My uncle has MSD in All of his rigs and loves the heck out of them. I went to the dura spark for my 66 It was cheaper than the Msd. If you go msd get the biggest wires and the flame coil. More hot spark is what we all need.

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
I just bought a ready to run MSD and their red poly blaster coil(resin, not oil filled for vibes). It is running by itself right now but I plan on putting an offroad 6 box on later. I haven't quite got it tweaked in all the way yet but could feel noticeable power improvement from stock points/coil right out of the box.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I have the factory Ford DuraSpark, and the reason why I am sticking with it is because if you are out in the boonies, I guarantee the local parts store isn't going to have an MSD 6A Box in stock. I mean the amount of improvement of one ignition system over another is minimal. I have an MSD Blaster 2 coil and it seems to work well.

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
I have the MSD offroad box, MSD super blaster coil, and MSD billet distributor.... I love it, my mpg went up, my power went up and the thing fire up like a brand new car.... When i was checking for spark the thing shoots like a 3in bright blue one ) Even makes a ton of noise lol. ZZZZAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP.<br><br>My old ignition was like an old guy taking a piss, drizzle drizzle drizzle.