• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I'm scared, please hold my hand! EFI/centech

NJB71

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Little Silver, NJ
Ok, I figured u all will call me names, but hell the title is catchy. Ok, I actually wired and installed EFI myself 3 years ago, and works flawlessly. I used and RJM harness. So I have an older version of centech's harness, bought from a cool guy for a great price.
What if any issues do I have to look out for?
Wiper wiring?
The harness has a ignition attached to it, why swap??
Also, I have a 3G alt, which I installed as well. Not afraid to solder, easy enough.
Is this really that simple, remove old, lay out, take my time and bingo?
Am I being a baby?

75brnco

Dont do the wiper motor mod that is detailed in the instructions if you have the older harness, read the write up on the delayed wiper switch and pick one up at pick and pull for 12 bucks. Centech also makes and adapter to use the oe ing switch. also you wont need the big yellow wire in the harness if your running 3g you can take it out if you want

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, get the adapter for the OE ignition switch. The one that comes w/ the harness kinda feels like a lawnmower ignition switch.

OP
OP
N

NJB71

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Little Silver, NJ
Ok, good advice. Well I actually had to order a new ignition switch from JBG as my tumbler is shot. I did this a year ago, new ignition sitting in a box. I will source a wiper switch.
Thanks guys

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Yeah, get the adapter for the OE ignition switch. The one that comes w/ the harness kinda feels like a lawnmower ignition switch.

Yes, that switch is something from Tractor Supply and you can't use an oem style key. I put one in last year, here's a few things to make it easier:

Get yourself a butane fired soldering gun / torch. They run nice and hot and work great for soldering and heating heat shrink tubing. Best part is there is no coord!

Solder everything you can and heat shrink everything. It helps keep it all more compact and tight.

Install with the dash out on the bench. You'll spend 10x the time it would take to remove and re-install the dash trying to wire with the dash in.

Make any and all modifications to your dash, gauges, speedo before you start wiring, there's a lot of wire there and bundling it together will keep it neat and make for a easy dash re-installation. I put the glowing gauge backing on my speedo and that eliminated a lot of the back-lit bulbs.

Make diagrams as you go, and use some thin masking tape to label wires. This is especially important when you go off the beaten path on the directions, and you will somewhere, accessories and such.

Pay attention to your grounding, even on a metal body I'd make sure you have a dedicated ground to the dash.

Centech has great tech support, don't be afraid to use it. I waited until I was frustrated and it cost me hours.

Good luck with your project!