• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Impact Wrench

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Looking for a cordless impact wrench for working on my Bronco. Got any recommendations?
Thanks

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
love my craftsman 19.2 volt.....get two batteries

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Milwaukee makes great stuff too, but gonna pay for it! I own several cordless tools. Pretty damn tough stuff!

Jolly Roger

I just bolt a kobalt 1/2 24 volt from Lowes and highly recommend it. Quite a bit cheaper then the snap-on, MAC and dewalt. Has plenty of torque and will last all day on a charge

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Milwakee, pulls as many ftlbs as my electric dewalt it seems.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Still got the older Dewalt cordless impact that works well

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Check CPO Outlets. They usually have a few factory reconditioned units and still have factory warranties. I get a lot of stuff from them. I use the Milwaukee as well. Ken

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
The Milwaukee has always been my go-to. The shop uses all Milwaukee cordless as well with no complaints. DeWalt also has great reviews, so it looks like you couldn't go wrong with either. Maybe replacement battery cost could be the deciding factor. I haven't looked into that though.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
I have a dewalt. Friend has a Milwaukee. The Milwaukee is much stronger

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
One thing I have noticed about my Dewalt and Milwaukee tools is that the Milwaukee batteries seem to be much better.

My impact wrench, and both batteries, have been in the back of my Yukon since October. It’s parked out in the cold under a tree. I just checked the batteries and both are fully charged. My Dewalt batteries are dead after a couple of weeks of sitting in my heated shop....