• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Install Question

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
I took my thermostat out this morning and did not pay attention to the direction it was in. Does the brown button end go towards the motor or does the other end with the cone shape go towards the motor? Sorry for such a stupid question.

matt

OP
OP
M

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
Thanks. One of my friends said to put an aspirin in the thermostat to stick it open for a few minutes to not get an air bubble. Has anybody ever done this?

matt

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No, but it sounds pretty good. A real legitimate shade-tree cure for a known issue.
Can't think of any real problem, chemically speaking, with having aspirin in the system either. But that part I don't know. It's such a small thing anyway.

Just our luck that modern anti-freeze turns to Jell-O when mixed with aspirin! Hah! That'd suck.
Think I'll try it next time anyway.

Paul

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
matt69 said:
Thanks. One of my friends said to put an aspirin in the thermostat to stick it open for a few minutes to not get an air bubble. Has anybody ever done this?

matt
--------haven't heard that ,but if you happen to get a thermostat without a tiny relief hole on the flange of thermostat(lots have them now),, it's good to drill one for filling the system to avoid that issue