• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Installed new springs and bushings. How does this look?

mikeginn

Installed new duffs 14 Piece 6.25° Kit c bushing and radius arms bushings for 3-4" Lift. https://www.dufftuff.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=6506

Also installed duffs Coil Springs 3.5" Long Travel Coil Springs. https://www.dufftuff.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=5107

They following pic is the result. The springs bend. Does this look correct? Or will I be ripping it apart again?

Thanks!
Mike

Picture044.jpg

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
mine bend out instead of forwards like yours...but then again i have never had the body off mine ...lol...

marklc

Contributor
I wouldn't worry too much until you get the body and all the weight back on it. Plus I think they all have some curve to them.

KennyB

Loc.
Simi Valley
Your Radius Arms Down like that angle the bottom of the Coils Forward.... When the Body goes on, and the suspension compresses, it will bring them back a bit. I Dont know how much spare change you have on ya, but this is a REALLY good time to put some Long Radius Arms on. You dont have to replace yours, Bent n Twisted Extensions will work. I bought a Set for $125. then new Radius Arm Brackets for $65 or so.... That was a 13" extension.... Just Sayin....

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Like they said, it's going to calm down a bit with the full weight of the rest of the Bronco and any front end accessories that go back on. However, you might still end up with some bow to the coils, as they're no longer at the perfectly correct angle once you've added lift
You can either lower the rear radius arm mounts (not the best solution) or add shims to correct the angle of the lower coil retainers. Or live with it, like most do.
Does anyone still make bucket shims to correct the angle? I think Sierra Broncos and Wild Child used to, but don't know if they're still around.
Maybe some of the replacement lower retainers from the vendors have a correction factor built in?

Paul

red hot71

Loc.
kent wash.
Years ago I bought from performance unlimited a set of weld on wedges for the bottom of the spring pads and on top of the spring retainers which wedged the pads level, the spring are now straight. I think bent springs as yours are, will cause bind which would affect ride and or flex,I think the springs should be straight for best results.Another item I think would be good are the rear angled rubber radius arm bushings,again all in a attempt to make it work as smooth as possible. I bet getting the lower spring retainer bolts started was a fun deal I used studs and nuts made life much better.

OP
OP
M

mikeginn

looks like the block and the springs have the same garanimals tag!! lol
love the color match.

got a lot more blue to put on it too. lol.

thanks for everyones input. dont think I can afford anything else in regards to the springs and radius arms now, as you can see I have alot of stuff to purchase.

TRO, adjustable track bar, shocks, buttoning up the engine, fuel line, brake lines, and rims to be installed next week. Got all the fiberglass body parts on the way. Need a body guy for sure.

Stay tuned!