• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Installing AC - should I use a body lift?

Aliracer

Loc.
Iowa
I am going to run AC and curious if a 1” body lift would help make the AC unit fit under the hood better and possibly keep it running cooler? It’s a 73 bronco with 2.5 body lift and 33’s.

Someone told me they recommend doing a 1” body lift if you run AC, but wasn’t really sure the reasoning. Just trying to see everyone else’s thoughts. Thanks!

I am also installing A/C and I would recommend the 1” lift because the compressor sits as high as my HEI distributor which rubbed the hood before the body lift.

stlbl

If you are already running a 2.5 inch body lift reducing it to 1" will gain you nothing

Broncobowsher

Total hack
You will have to account for the body lift with the fan shroud. If you just shift the stock shroud, you will be loosing cooling performance, not improving it.