• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

interest in another soft top mass buy?

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
in the next few weeks i will be placing an order for a stc soft top and just thought i would put some feelers out there to see if there is anyone else doing the same so that we may be able to start another mass buy on these things. what do you guys think?

Last edited:

php74

Are these tops as good as the Bestop Supertop? I see there is a guy that keeps selling these on Ebay for $490...

U

Unregistered

Specialty Soft tops

I would be interested in being the vendor on this group buy. 76 bronco has already agreedto buy. If anyone else is interested, just send me an email to chris@4wheelcustoms.com They are not listed on my website yet but I will sell them cheaper than I think you will find anywhere else. We look forwardto doing business with you all soon.

Thanks!

OP
OP
76 explorer

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
Unregistered said:
I would be interested in being the vendor on this group buy. 76 bronco has already agreedto buy. If anyone else is interested, just send me an email to chris@4wheelcustoms.com They are not listed on my website yet but I will sell them cheaper than I think you will find anywhere else. We look forwardto doing business with you all soon.

Thanks!
nice to see you made it over this way chris. if anyone has any doubts about this guy i can honestly say ive never heard anything other than how great his customer service and pricing is from other people who have bought stuff from him. while hes not a bronco specific guy hes been just as peasureable to talk business with as chucks people.

anywho....in response to the person a few posts back. im not sure if the stc top is as high quality as the best top but i wanted a top that was fairly easy to put up and take down. BUT from what ive heard is that everyone who has one really likes there stc top.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
You don't have to drill any holes to mount this thing do you? As I remember is the STC top uses rails that bolt to the top of the bed rails and one on the windshield frame. Is that correct?

OP
OP
76 explorer

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
from what i read there is miner modifications that need to be made..... which modifications i dunno but it did say it used the original holes on the side of the bed ..... im thinking the modification needed is to relocate the wiper motor with a drop bracket.

dedgar

unfortunatly, I just bought one for mine and yes I was lead to believe you didn't have to drill holes. You do! It just about killed me to drill holes in my beloved bronco... You don't have to drill much, but you do. I did not drill the holes for the snaps on the windshield frame.... yet. Once it rains well see. Also I did not drill the two holes in my tailgate for the piece on the top of it. Again, once it rains....

The instructions are a bit confusing, so read and take your time.

It's a nice top though.

I have some great modifications for it that they could have done if they wanted to engineer it so you dont have to drill holes. And a way to make it fold down easily if you have a family cage.

Anyway my 2cents

Baja71

Bronco Guru
dedgar said:
unfortunatly, I just bought one for mine and yes I was lead to believe you didn't have to drill holes. You do! It just about killed me to drill holes in my beloved bronco... You don't have to drill much, but you do. I did not drill the holes for the snaps on the windshield frame.... yet. Once it rains well see. Also I did not drill the two holes in my tailgate for the piece on the top of it. Again, once it rains....

The instructions are a bit confusing, so read and take your time.

It's a nice top though.

I have some great modifications for it that they could have done if they wanted to engineer it so you dont have to drill holes. And a way to make it fold down easily if you have a family cage.

Anyway my 2cents

I think with the Bestop, you only drill the two snap holes and don't have to drill the tailgate. If there is a mass buy for the Bestop with tinted windows...I'M IN!! :cool:

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
I sold my hardtop last night and have already called Wild Horses to check stock on the new tinted Bestop. Anyone else want one? Since they have the exclusive on the tint I'll stop by there today and see if they would be interested in a Mass Buy. From what I've read the Bestop is harder to fold down but easier to access the liftgate/tailgate area.

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
I'd be interested.
What was the STC mass buy price last time? I seem to remember it being around $570 after shipping, with the zip out tinted windows. Can anyone confirm this?
Does the Best top come in different colors like the STC?
The Best top looks like it fits a little tighter from the pic's I've seen, can anyone who has seen both chime in on this?

tbrend

Loc.
God's Country (Iowa)
Sac '68 sport said:
can anyone who has seen both chime in on this?

I am with you. I am on the fence when it comes to these two tops. I think I am leaning towards the STC. I need more info, though.

Very interested in a mass buy!

oldfordcoupe

i would be quite interested i,ll be needing a soft top next year ? just let us know color and price.