• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

interest in another soft top mass buy?

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
Hey guys - I'm in too! STC and Specialty are one in the same correct? I like the Specialy (STC?) Fast Trac top. Definitely count me in if the savings are good.

Dave St

Loc.
Roanoke, VA
Any possibility of this happening? I will want to order a top in the next couple of weeks and would prefer a lower price ;D

broncobilly_69

Loc.
Lebanon
depending on the savings I'd be in. I was going to hold off for another year to replace my 7 year old fastrac but if the price is right I'm in.

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
Word of advice: Call the guys at Windrock (Darrell or Mike) and let them know you want a deal like he gave the guys at classicbroncos.com about a year ago. It was on the BesTop and it is a great top and deal ;D

taxx

Loc.
Indianapolis
I plan on buying an STC in the next couple weeks. Is this set on the bestop? Or is this pretty much an over and done with idea?

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
I always get the two confused. But after reading older threads it looks like STC is the way to go...at least for me. Easier to take down and put up. Lets hear the price on the STC with tint. I might scrape some cash together.

horseman

Please keep me posted on the progress. I would like a tinted stc top
Thanks Jay

Dave St

Loc.
Roanoke, VA
Unregistered said:
I would be interested in being the vendor on this group buy. 76 bronco has already agreedto buy. If anyone else is interested, just send me an email to chris@4wheelcustoms.com They are not listed on my website yet but I will sell them cheaper than I think you will find anywhere else. We look forwardto doing business with you all soon.

Thanks!

I sent an e-mail to Chris, and also to JBG and Tom's Bronco Parts asking if they would like to participate in a mass buy on the STC top. It looks like about 9 people have posted that they are at least interested since yesterday, with a few saying they are definitely in. I will let everyone know what response I get.

Dave

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Ok I will let you all in on something. The guy who started this, said that it will be like 3-4 months to recieve the tops, stc is backed up. If you all want me to look into it I will contact the guy who done our last stc mass buy. The price was pretty good too. Let me know.
Skiddy

67bondobronc

I found the thread about the last mass buy and they got 15% off. I say if a person has a connection to get this going then go for it.

Dave St

Loc.
Roanoke, VA
Skiddy said:
Ok I will let you all in on something. The guy who started this, said that it will be like 3-4 months to recieve the tops, stc is backed up. If you all want me to look into it I will contact the guy who done our last stc mass buy. The price was pretty good too. Let me know.
Skiddy

Please do look into your source and let us know.

I have already heard from Chris and Tom's, but haven't heard anything from JBG. I had to send follow-up e-mails to clarify some details, and I will post the details when they reply. Hopefully I will hear from JBG, too. I am all for the best price possible, so any reputable vendor is good by me, but if the prices are similar, I would want to go with a site sponsor if possible.

I will send another follow-up e-mail to them about the 3-4 month delay; I need one alot sooner than that and I don't want to wait that long becasue I will have to find a hard top in the meantime.

Also, I have been asked if we can come up with at least 15 buyers, as this will effect the price. I responded that once we know the price, we can come up with a number. It looks like 9 or 10 people have expressed interest in the past few days, but only a few have said they are definitely in. A good price might entice others to jump in.

Dave St

Loc.
Roanoke, VA
Tom's replied and said that they just talked to STC, who said they were about 3 weeks out. Tom's also said that they would like to know if everyone is interested in tinted or regular windows. They will get with Tom on Tuesday so they can put a price together, and that they would try to meet or beat any other price we get. I will ask them if it is necessary for everyone to get the same top (color and tint).

Chris sent me his price, but I don't know that it is fair to post his prices before the other vendors give their prices. Should I post it now or wait? Alternately, I could just let people PM or e-mail for the price...

Your thoughts?

67bondobronc

I would say hold off and post all the prices at once. I can go either way, tinted or not and I am definately in when you guys get everything arranged.