• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

is anyone else crazy enough to do this?

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
it was impossible to start, there are so many little parts. But once the base was made it started to look doable. Within last 2 days so much more was done I am on the rear quarter panels now. I think within the next 2 weeks the tub will be done. I never done this before but with this forum I manage to find answer to everything. So I will keep on building. And the people who asked for step by step. I will provide it when I finish, for now I am guessing most of it anyhow!

You will have us all on the edge of our seats waiting on those pictures.

hewie73

Loc.
Morrice, MI
If there is any guesswork going on at all, i can't wait to see how those doors fit. I'm sure it's possible it's just not probable. Certainly not in that time frame. I only speak pessimistically(sp?), because of the nightmare my body tub was. YOU MUST BE ONE HELL OF A BODY MAN.

Oh yea, pics please... ( no luck with link)

OP
OP
T

trouble71

Sorry guys but it was very hot in LA plus the long weekend so there wasn't any work done. But we got some work done this week. here is the update.

OP
OP
T

trouble71

I Was Having Some Problems With The Middle Section. I Don't Know What Was Wrong With It, I Couldn't Realy Put My Finger On It But I Couldn't Make It Work. Using The Old Center Made If Fit Like A Glove. Now The Top Part Of Rear Quater Panels Is A Different Story. Second Order Still The Part Is Not Shaped Right. Looks Good But Wrong Curve. My Originals Are Good I Think I Will Use Those Too. The Rest Moves Along Fine. The Motor Parts Are In. It's Being Build From Scrach On The Other Side Of Town. You Guys Think 408 Is Plenty?

Attachments

• IMG_2932.JPG
    IMG_2932.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2933.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2939.JPG
    IMG_2939.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2944.JPG
    IMG_2944.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2911.JPG
    IMG_2911.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_2914.JPG
    IMG_2914.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2919.JPG
    IMG_2919.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2923.JPG
    IMG_2923.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 205

reynard101

Bronco Guru
Looks great. Still can't believe you're crazy enough to tackle this job. Harder yet to believe you dished out the $$$ to do this. In the end, I'm sure the hard work and $$$ spent will be worth it. Great work, keep it up. And keep uploading the pictures.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Looks great from here! Keep it up the good work and keep the pics coming as you can.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
BUMP!!!!!

Any progress on this??

EDIT: probably not gonna get a reply....

trouble71 Last Activity: 10/15/07 03:58 AM

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Maybe he's subscribed to this thread with email notification.... that's about our only chance at this point.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
I built mine that way. I had to use the old firewall, they wasnt selling it at the time. It was a tough job. Better get those doors hung as soon as possible. Thats where i had most of my problems. They need to be right before you can do a lot of the welding.