• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

is it worth it?

DirtShredder

Loc.
Jacksonville, OR
well i am a newbie on here and i was if $1000 is too much for a set of front and rear dana 60's? the front is a king-pin 35 spline passenger side drop and the rear is a 28 spline. will i also have some trouble with mounting the front axle with it being a right drop i.e. steering linkage and panhard bar?

BroncoDawg

Loc.
Bishop, CA
Chebby front Dana 60s are plentiful, but don't work unless you run a passenger side drop TC with it. The rear 60 will work for you, but you will spend some money gearing it and beefing the axles.
Walk away!

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Walk away - it is a Chev front end, not going to work. Don't be afraid to get a set of newer superduty D60's with the unit bearings and funky bolt pattern. You can get a BJ SD D60 for 500 bucks that doesn't need to be rebuilt - just re-drill the rotors for 8X6.5 and enjoy the cheap front axle.