• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is this a typical "Bronco lean"?

croft75

My front driverside mount was welded on an angle when I did new body mounts I ended up having to shim it with 3 washers to get the body square with the bumper

EDIT: After looking at it again, and thinking some more, it could be as a simple as each frame horn that the bumper mounts to, Right front & Left rear just happens to be slightly bent in opposite directions.....this would mean nothing is seriously wrong with it, and you can fairly easily straighten the un-supported frame end where the bumper bolts to.

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Hey Kat, I looked at this Bronco the other day and I have to agree with the others that it's not just "Bronco Lean" I think the body bushings/mounts are the main problem but I would also be concerned with the bad welded spot on the frame. Even if the frame is OK I still think the price is high.
Thanks man, since your local and looked at too makes me feel better about walking away from it. The picture I took of the weld didn't turn out well but it did look like a mess..

BTW nice Bronco you have there. But how can your ride around Tally with that tag??? GO NOLES!!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Sometimes the body mounts rust through the frame mounts. The fix for this is easy as you weld a steel washer on top of the frame mounts. But you have to lift the body to do this. I would check the frame mounts for this problem.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
BTW nice Bronco you have there. But how can your ride around Tally with that tag??? GO NOLES!!

LOL, We are also Nole fans ( both my boys went there ) but my Wife is a UGA fan and the tag matches the Bronco better. ;D

75302auto

Did you check the C bushings? If the PO had the front end swapped out and did not seat and torque the C bushings correctly, it can cause a "lean", but usually not in 2 different directions front to back.