• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is this right? radius arm drop brackets

694play

I was looking at the radius arms and drop brackets because of something I read in a post and I noticed that the left and right rear arms are located in different locations on the drop bracket.
The pass side is in the upper most hole and the driver side is in the lower hole.
Don't know why this would be this way, I didn't install these parts. What does this do and why would it be different?
?:?

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
my guess is whoever installed those may have had bronco lean and corrected it by putting one arm lower than the other in the bracket. Not sure if having them in different slots will hurt anything though.

OP
OP
694play

694play

So is this takes care of the dreaded "Bronco lean" ?
I don't have any issues with the driveability or suspension.

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Ideally you should fix it at the bushing side on the axle. I don't know if there are any longterm down sides to the way it's set up now. I guess if your not having any trouble and your not gonna be in to bushings for any reason you could probably leave it alone.