• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

it left me stranded!

ugly74

Bronco abuser
for the 1st time in 8 years, my Bronco made me walk.
just drivin along watchin the sun set over the mountains, and then it just lost power, sputtered and quit. felt like a fuel issue.

it's pretty sad when you have two fuel tanks, and they're both empty! D'OH!%)
I got very very lucky, and only had to wait 5 minutes for a truck to come along. and wouldn't ya know it, he had 2 gallons of gas!
once again, I'd be S.O.L. if it weren't for the kindness of strangers.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I dont think that qualifies for "IT" leaving you stranded. IT leaving you stranded is when the electrical gremlins, keep it from starting (moisture condensing under the hood and dizzy cap) after 5 days in the mountains, 25 miles from the nearest town. IT leaving you stranded is when you are driving down the road and it just coasts to a stop because the module died or (take your pick) the solenoid crapped out. I have had these and more happen to me at some of the most in-opportune times. I still love it enough to risk my marriage in a full frame off attack, clearing away the old gremlins and making room for new ones.

Glad you got someone to help you so quickly. Time to get a new bumper and a jerry can.

OP
OP
ugly74

ugly74

Bronco abuser
gauges all work fine. now I know that the "E" on the fuel gauge does not mean "Enough"
maybe I can use this instance to my advantage in convincing the wife that I need to build a bumper with a jerry can....give me a little break from the "honey-do" list

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I agree I don't think you can blame the Bronco for that one. Mine has left me stranded before for the reasons TrailPsycho mentioned.. But if it just runs out of gas then that's my fault unless the gas is leaking out somewhere..

OP
OP
ugly74

ugly74

Bronco abuser
yeah yeah that's it, fuel leak! it was the Broncos fault! ;D
not really.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
ugly74 said:
gauges all work fine. now I know that the "E" on the fuel gauge does not mean "Enough"
That's funny right there LOL;D

GrantMurray

Loc.
Austin, Texas
[IT leaving you stranded is when you are driving down the road and it just coasts to a stop because the module died or (take your pick) the solenoid crapped out.]

When I was 13 this happened to me when I sneaked out for a topless 12:00am ride. I stalled it (clutch). It was before I knew you could jump the solenoid and I couldn't push it to 'pop' the clutch. Damn my old man was pissed off that he had to come pick me up at 3:00am. At least I'd already dropped off my girl friend, her dad probably would have killed me. Owning a bronco just creates life long stories that never seem to fade away.

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
That's what we call "operator error" at work.

Did you slap yourself on the forehead and yell "DOH!"?

OP
OP
ugly74

ugly74

Bronco abuser
grs44310 said:
That's what we call "operator error" at work.

Did you slap yourself on the forehead and yell "DOH!"?

I didn't yell D'OH! but I did holler a few choice words that woulda made a drunk irish sailor blush.

OP
OP
ugly74

ugly74

Bronco abuser
GrantMurray When I was 13 this happened to me when I sneaked out for a topless 12:00am ride. I stalled it (clutch). It was before I knew you could jump the solenoid and I couldn't push it to 'pop' the clutch. Damn my old man was pissed off that he had to come pick me up at 3:00am. At least I'd already dropped off my girl friend said:
once when I was 16, my dad was out of town, and my mom was workin, so I took his '70 Grande Mustang (351C 4v, 4 spd, 4.11posi) into town. 1/2 way home, the alternator went out! and this was 11 at night, so I couldn't get parts till the morning. I was back at the car at 8 am, and it'd already been towed. @#$%!!
3 days later my dad got back and had to go get it. I'm still healing from that one!

GrantMurray

Loc.
Austin, Texas
ugly74 said:
once when I was 16, my dad was out of town, and my mom was workin, so I took his '70 Grande Mustang (351C 4v, 4 spd, 4.11posi) into town. 1/2 way home, the alternator went out! and this was 11 at night, so I couldn't get parts till the morning. I was back at the car at 8 am, and it'd already been towed. @#$%!!
3 days later my dad got back and had to go get it. I'm still healing from that one!

Yes, I was beaten that day too, but we laugh about it now.