• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

It's Luber time so show off your uncut Bronco

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
IMG00059-20110918-1221.jpg

5.5 suspension, no body, 35's. Got a deal on the tires I couldn't pass up.

Going to clear the rear opening when you stuff a rear tire??

Gotta70RR

Loc.
Browns Summit, NC
Going to clear the rear opening when you stuff a rear tire??

Not as it sits, another 1/2 of backspacing on the rear and it might have a chance. I'm thinking about rolling the fender lip, and adding some BL. My plan was for 33/12.5's but found the 35's cheap. Figured put them on for now, run them for a bit and then downsize. Sill lots of things to do before this rig will be ready for the trails.

so.oregon66

Loc.
Medford, OR
It's not lifted, but as a fan of the uncut Bronco, thought I'd throw a pic in for good measure.

Attachments

• Bronco 1.jpg
    Bronco 1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,049

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not as it sits, another 1/2 of backspacing on the rear and it might have a chance. I'm thinking about rolling the fender lip, and adding some BL. My plan was for 33/12.5's but found the 35's cheap. Figured put them on for now, run them for a bit and then downsize. Sill lots of things to do before this rig will be ready for the trails.

I've worked with about 5 diffrent tires sizes and I could never get a 12.5" wide tire to work for me with a super flexy suspension.

Gotta70RR

Loc.
Browns Summit, NC
I've worked with about 5 diffrent tires sizes and I could never get a 12.5" wide tire to work for me with a super flexy suspension.

You may have just burst my bubble! When I was trying to decide how I wanted to build this after 12 years I read some old threads. I wanted to get as much as I could and still fit it in my garage so I didn't have to fix my tub from sitting outside again.

My Inspiration : Old thread where br0nc0xrapt0r posted before he cut.
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109387

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
View attachment 310266
one of these days when I get the money saved up im getting a 3.5" lift for mine next summer that rear seat is coming out an a factory rear is going in.
001.jpg

I really liked the look of the old slots... Took a while but I managed to get mine on. I still need another wheel for a match.
It is a soon to be a "LUBER" since it rubs and will need some additional clearance.

Finally added the lift, latest photo...

Attachments

• _ED11935[1].jpg
    _ED11935[1].jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 367
  • 100_0995.jpg
    100_0995.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

Old School

Loc.
AZ
Here's mine on a little road trip along Route 66 in Winona, AZ (don't forget Winona...)

attachment.php

dirtfella

anyone have any tips tricks or complete instructions for a 3.5 lift? I am a capable mechanic but Im finding it harder than I planned (of course) but I want to avoid any classic mistakes and cant find any detailed information.

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
dirtfella,

Some friendly advice about classicbroncos.com... There is pretty much a thread for any topic you can think of concerning Broncos. Go back to the home page and put your keywords into the search box. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for. Another thing that you will learn after being on here a while is thread hijackers are not approved of. By that, I mean someone that gets on a topic and throws out a comment or question having nothing to do with the thread. The topic of the thread is what your post should contain. Just some friendly advice. Otherwise, all the threads just end up as a big jumbled mess that has no point. Good to have you on here, and if you need some pointers installing your lift, feel free to PM me. Take care.

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
72 under construction. 3.5 inch lift, 32x11.50/15s on mid '90s ford truck rims, 2 inch body lift not installed yet,

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 900