• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

It's Officially the "Stretch" or EB2 and the blanks are filled!!

shonivey

Looking good. Should be at scotts sunday , I'll drop the grill off.
shon

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Aw shon, you had to remind me!!! I forgot to take the grill and hood to get them blasted!!! I got to get a new tank of argon and a spool of wire tomorrow, there's a bunch more welding/patching to do!!!
See ya Sunday!!
Thanks!!!;D ;D

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
need some more pics! i'm digging this!

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Ain't got much done on the body, got the Duff front shock hoops mounted and the rear brackets mounted on the frame.

I got side tracked by the engine last week, and I ran into a deal on the assemlby and got a Dyno run to boot!!!

I am one fired up old dog!!!!;D ;D ;D

What has been called the "EB2" and the "Stretch Project" has now become the "Long Horse"!!!!;D ;D ;D

Engine by me, Valve Covers by my GF, Carb & intake by scotts77, assembly & Dyno by D&A Machine Shop!!!

Ain't life grand!!!!;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• FSCN2220.JPG
    FSCN2220.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 169
  • FSCN2224.JPG
    FSCN2224.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 132
  • FSCN2226.JPG
    FSCN2226.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 174
OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
OK fatboy, here's the #'s. Remember it's a 0.40 over 302, new pistons, RV cam, iron heads, an alun. intake and a Holley 4 bbl. A budget build, wasn't looking for big hp, just a strong solid engine, put together right and know that it runs!!:cool: :cool:

Attachments

• Long Horse re-Sized.jpg
    Long Horse re-Sized.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 202

shonivey

#'s look good ben. 250's respectable for a "budget" build. But keeping it simple bumps up the reliability factor in my opinion. Our wheelbases don't lend themselves to racecars.
Did you ever figure out the "WIRE" ??
shon

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
OK fatboy, here's the #'s. Remember it's a 0.40 over 302, new pistons, RV cam, iron heads, an alun. intake and a Holley 4 bbl. A budget build, wasn't looking for big hp, just a strong solid engine, put together right and know that it runs!!:cool: :cool:

FANTASTIC brother!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Can we call it the trojan horse? More guys can fit in this one. Long horse sounds funny.
Good #'s on the unit.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys!!

j. I sure am planning on the round up, I got to be there and show off those Interco TSL Radials I won last year!!!! I got to get some 15"x10" wheels, I'm somewhere between black wagons or a brushed alum!!! I some how feel I would cry everytime I rock rashed an alum. rim???%) %)

Ben, you know I expect to see this stretched, long-horse, EB2 at the roundup sporting those tires! Sure looks like alot of work to me, don't think I would have the patience (or pocketbook) for it, but I love watching others do it. Can't wait to see it.

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Thanks shon!!

Greg, I'll have to put a good switch key in there, so you can't sneak up on me!!!

bax, the GF x-nayed the Trojan thing, said it would lead to the perv forum!!!

pearl, I most certainly hope to have it there and I'll take you for a ride!!!:cool: :cool:

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Man, the hoildays and weather put me behind!!! My "in the basement" work has been slow at best! But we got smiled on Fri., Sat., & Sun. and I been grinding bondo & steel!!!! Got that tub outside and made a lot of progress.
Rolled it over today, a little more welding & grinding then seal it and shoot primer on the bottom, roll it and do the pretty side!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Been so cold in North GA, I couldn't find an old mattress to roll it with, had to get some pine straw bales at the Depot. They worked great and I found a place to store them til spring!!!

Being a one man show is tuff!!!%)%)

Attachments

• DSCN2454.JPG
    DSCN2454.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCN2455.JPG
    DSCN2455.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCN2456.JPG
    DSCN2456.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN2461.JPG
    DSCN2461.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN2463.JPG
    DSCN2463.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 158

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Dam Ben, don't you have any friends? I mean one's that would come over and help a little. Us old guys got to work smarter. It looks like you got it , congratulations. One man shows are fun to watch sometimes. I have no friends, so I work alone all the time but my back hoe is a good buddy.

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
Ok, maybe you can't call it the "trojan horse"..... but you really outta consider getting emblems from one of those new Dodge stationwagons, along with one off of a basemodel fullsize Bronco or F150. This way you can combine the two emblems to read "magnum xl":p:p

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
hey bax, you're dead on, on all accounts!!! My shop crane, rear bumper and rolling chassie were my friends today!!! I've always been jealous of your back-hoe!!! In you last thread it looks like you have an overhead lift too!!!

wpt, "Magnum XL" ain't a bad name, but if I call it "Long Horse", it's implying the same thought!!!;D;D;D

"A man has to do, what a man has to do!!!" Who said that BS????;D;D;D

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Thats the work smart pat. back Hoe and I beams with winches. I'm really good at lifting heavy stuff. Mom always told me that.

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Yeah bax, my Mom told me to be a Doctor!!! DUH!!!!;D;D She never told me to have friends around to do this stuff!!!

A buddy down in LA said he hope's I'm around when he dies!!! "Cause I'm always bringing old shit back to life"!!!!;D;D;D

scbronco

Loc.
Sumter, SC
so you said cast iron heads on your motor... stock heads? ported, or out of something else? just curious... your numbers are right on with my goals for my motor.