• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

It's Officially the "Stretch" or EB2 and the blanks are filled!!

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Dang Ben, I was hanging out in the sun with the wife yesterday. We'd have come up and watched! Better than keystone cops.

scbronco

Loc.
Sumter, SC
thanks ben, sweet build... are you in my head? ive been thinking about a stretch too, and you already have my motor... LOL post some more pics when you get em'...

Nick

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Nice work. My friends all seem to be 20 years older than me anyhow, so I guess I am the Friend being called to move things, lol.

bptommy

Loc.
Arlington, TX
if we were not all jealous of your stable before well here you go again giving us another reason to be ...:p

Looks great, I always end up having to do everything my self as well, necessity is the mother of invention...;D

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey sc, here's how this rig started out, it had been rolled twice & sat for 12 years before I rolled it Sunday!!!:cool::cool:

Ohio, the bad is borrowing your truck & don't ever let them know you have a welder!!!%)%)

bp, I've been called a "mother", but I don't think the last part was "of invention"!!!;D;D

Attachments

• EB2 Together3(18-33).jpg
    EB2 Together3(18-33).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 100
OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Man, I'm not sure what happened to March and April????%)%) Got the Horse to Charlotte and Townsend but the progress on "Stretch" has just
been slow little body repair things. Well I did pick up a few parts, B&M Shifter, Aero gas tank, wiper set up, spare tire and some misc. parts that I will need down the road and some great tips from NicksTrix (thanks Nick)!!!:cool::cool:

Got the bottom primed this morning, some kind of bedliner next, then the flip and do the topside!!!!;D;D;D

Attachments

• DSCN2594.JPG
    DSCN2594.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN2595.JPG
    DSCN2595.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN2597.JPG
    DSCN2597.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 109

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Looking good, Are you still a member of UBFA (Unemployed Bronco Fabricators of America)?

I knoiw here in Fl the job market SUCKS!

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey Rev, I was a UBFA for about 7 months!!!%)%)

Now I'm a RBFA (Retired Bronco Fabricator of America);D;D I was lucky enough to have a pension and I filed for SS last week!!! Can't afford any new EB's but I got time to work on the one's I have!!!:cool::cool:

shonivey

divorce sale at my house, ya wanna work on a couple a 3 more...hehe. gotta figure the water thing out and I'll get over that way in the beast. got alot of free time now....

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
NGA, I'm about to embark on a similar project and yours is coming along great. What did you use to fill the outer 1/4 panels on your stretch? Doesn't seem a stock panel has got enough to fill a hole that size. I'm looking at about a 20" panel I'm gonna need to fill to get me where I want so I might be limiting myself to bending my own sheet metal...

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey fungus, I'm only doing a 10" stretch. I bought a new top rear quarter from JBG and cut 2-10' pieces out of it and I cut the 2 botton 10" strips out of a door. The contour is not exact, but it's close. I had to put a 1 1/2" strip on the bottom of the door piece. I also cut the rockers off and put 2"x 6" rock skis.

If you need 20", you must be doing a 4 door???;D;D;D

bax

Contributor
Old Member
What if you made a roadster insert that was 20'' longer. let the rear passenger slip behind the front seats.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Or really stretch it out and add another set of inserts to the front ones. they should be a perfect match. Easy way to get 4 door length.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
There is one of those under way down in LA, mike bautista stretched his in the door area and is stretching a set of inserts. It's going to be sweet when it's done. I'm not going to mess with the rear area, just extend the door area, add skis and a striker striker combo with cut down doors for the rear.