• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Jeffs Bronco Graveyard sheet metal parts?

Mike Hall

Loc.
Albany
Im about to place an order for all sorts of new sheet metal parts from Jeff's but before i do are there any fitting problems with any of the parts they sell? Here is a list of the parts im going to get.

Fenders
Tail light panels
floor boards
lower tail gate panel
OEM grill shell
and Stock Fiberglass hood.

If anyone has had problems with installing any of these parts please let me know so i can be prepared for the trouble.

Thanks
Mike

OP
OP
M

Mike Hall

Loc.
Albany
One other question. I would like to get this stuff on the way early next week at the latest. Do you think Jeff's will be able to get it all shipped out fast of do they take a while? I tried to call but there already closed. :-(

Mike

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
For me the floor patch pannels are fine and so is the tailgate strip. As for the other stuff I havn't bought any of it. Shipping from them is quick if its in stock. If its not then you have a problem and at the mercey of their supplier. If shipping is an issue place the order by phone not on the net and ask and tell them what you want and when. Be an informed buyer.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Mike Hall said:
Im about to place an order for all sorts of new sheet metal parts from Jeff's but before i do are there any fitting problems with any of the parts they sell? Here is a list of the parts im going to get.

Fenders
Tail light panels
floor boards
lower tail gate panel
OEM grill shell
and Stock Fiberglass hood.

The taillight corners are junk. Of course, all taillight corners from all vendors are junk right now. There are no flanges to weld to. The mounts for the taillight assy/lens aren't there. It looks to be more of a "cap" to put over the originals instead of a replacement panel.

The floor boards are great. I bought the ones with the grooves and they fit real well.

The only repair panel from Jeff's that I had trouble with were the tailgate posts. The bolt holes and such weren't the same as original and the weren't quite long enough. I cut parts out of the new ones to repair my originals.

Don't know anything about the other stuff. Good luck!

OP
OP
M

Mike Hall

Loc.
Albany
Thanks for the info. I was worried about the tail light panels but what else can i get? These need to be replaced being the bottom is rusted out and they have both been smashed in some. They have a note stating that the tail light panels they have now are much better than before so maybe there better. Not having the tail light bolt tabs and welding flange realy makes them hard to work with for sure though.

Mike

popp75sport

Loc.
Springfield MO
I too have their floor pans and havent welded them in yet but they lay out nice. I found a good used corner for my 75 when i did it. i have heard alot of horror stories about the new ones they sell. I believe jeff gets his sheetmetal from dennis carpenter as well as alot of the other vendors do so everyone is probably selling the same quality.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm in the same boat so I will try to use the ones that are available. As for the "much better than before" I emailed them and asked about that. I would've been willing to buy them again but they replied with "there's nothing different about them"%) ?:? :p I am at least going to wait & do them last so maybe someone will make good ones.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
From what I have replaced, all the panels, but one have been great! Buy it all, but if you ever have to purchase the right hand side of the COWL, get it custom made.

JBG's right side cowl piece is crap, and they think I am wrong because mine wont fit.

Oh well, I found a donor car and gave up. I have been able to use their $50 worth of steel on teh rig in other places.

Just my 0.02Cents

claytargethntr

Loc.
winter az/co
I had to do some re bending of the rear on both driver and passenger floor pans to get them to fit properly, not too big of a deal beat the old bend flat and rebend where you need it (two pieces of angle iron and a brass hammer work great for the bends, and as usual there will also be some trimming to get it to all fit right. That has been true on several of the panels i have replaced so far.

claytargethntr

lowndes

Loc.
Vermont
I bought fenders from them for both the left and right sides about a year ago. They fit well. I haven't had any problems with them in that regard. Mine came jet black, and have had them on the truck that color throughout this last winter.

I was amazed at how light they were, and how thin, but I think I remember them being sold as the same gauge as the originals, so maybe that's just the way the fenders are/were on these rigs.

The holes lined up fine. I went off the road this winter, up in Vermont. One of these replacement panels took a beating. I removed it yesteday, and popped everything back into place. It didn't crumple as bad as it could have.

Yesteday, I cut the wheel wells out, and am finally painting them (and the rest of the truck) on monday, then installing flares.

If the banged-up fender couldn't have been repaired, I would have had no second-thoughts about ordering another from them again.

MudStang

Just got the taillight panels form them. they seem alright except the box says made in Tawain right on it, great.... oh well. If your bottoms are bad just cut the bottoms off the new ones and save whatever you can of the originals, that's what im doing.