• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Jone's "Trail"fest - Lockwood, Mo - March 16th & 17th

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
14 days to get ready...

Who all's going?

Getting ready... I had to take the tranny out of Burnie which meant cutting off my exhaust, removing my front 4 link, transfer case, etc. I am just getting the tranny back this afternoon to start putting it all back together. This might be a close call since I have to work some time in there also. Dave, I did say bringing your pooch is okay didn't I? I hope my big dog doesn't think yours is a snack.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
lol, I couldn't remember man, So I wanted to make sure first.

if there's gonna be issues w/the big dogg, we can stay somehwere else, ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Getting ready... I had to take the tranny out of Burnie which meant cutting off my exhaust, removing my front 4 link, transfer case, etc. I am just getting the tranny back this afternoon to start putting it all back together. This might be a close call since I have to work some time in there also. Dave, I did say bringing your pooch is okay didn't I? I hope my big dog doesn't think yours is a snack.

if you're gonna be busy, not a big deal man, we can make other arrangements.. Just let me know sir. ;)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
pwr steering good to go, I'm ready.. Still need to track down some wiring on my trailer "faulty" but she still pulls.. and lights work

Sounds like a good little cruise / warm up for HowiepaloooOOza

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Wish I could make it, I would be front wheel drive at best...probably wouldn't work well having no rear end under it! LOL

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
haha.. sounds like it won't be much "crawling" per say, but it'll be fun to get out on some trails

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dave, there may not be a big crowd of Bronco bros but there should be a few of Brad Jones' Heep buddies there to be winched. It took two tries and some fabricating my floor jack to be a transmission jack but I got the tranny back in last night and connected the links back up. I should have the transfer case, cross member, drive shafts and all back together by the end of the weekend. I had to cut out the exhaust so that will have to be patched back in. I have plenty of time. If the weather is looking good I will get the grill cleaned up and we can do some burgers or steaks Friday night.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That sounds awesome man, let me know what you want us to bring..? Can bring drinks, a couple sides or something like that?

Text me your address as well when you think about it. I will touch base this wknd w/you. Gotta see if I can get back to my trailer and pull it out, check out the wiring/grounds. on it..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Last call. Bet it wll be wee bit muddy

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Wonder how many folks will be there. Jake, Oh Jake.... Calling Jake......

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jake will be there. It's his belated birthday bash. You and I wil be there so it will be a good time;D

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good Times

Well it was a great two days at Jone's Trailfest here in Lockwood. Super Dave's ride and Burnie didn't let any of the Heeps show us up. I am really glad you chose to stay at Thom's Bed & Breakfast, Dave. Maybe next year we will get a few more to join us.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Had a great time I am planning something similar to your top in the near future.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
A couple of pics. Can't forget those.

More later

Attachments

• 20130315_160551.jpg
    20130315_160551.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20130316_104639.jpg
    20130316_104639.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 15

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I'm still burning metal on mine! Looks like you guys showed up at least one jeep!