• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JP Rock Eater Transfer Case Gears

NOTPRETTY

Loc.
Folsom CA
Yep...I live in folsom CA too. I don't know why I showed up as not registerer on that long winded post...but that was me. :cool:

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
NOTPRETTY said:
Yep...I live in folsom CA too. I don't know why I showed up as not registerer on that long winded post...but that was me. :cool:

Cool...Don't see too many EB's in Folsom. What does yours look like in case I see it around town. I live in Briggs Ranch and in the last month I have seen a green one every now and then just off Oak Ave Parkway and Willowcreek. In fact it was in his driveway today.

NOTPRETTY

Loc.
Folsom CA
Too funny....That was me. I live on the frontage street to Oak Avenue Parkway just before Willow Creek. Call me if you'd like to chit chat. I am going on a trip this weekend. We are going into the con as far as we can go...hopefully little sluice. 916-984-6655

Bucmaster

With a manual valve body, if you put it in D you start out in 3rd. Put it in 2nd you start out in 2nd. With a stock valvebody, D goes 1st to 2nd to third. Stock valvebody, put it in second, it starts in second. Leave it in second and floor it, it will shift to 3rd when the rpm's get to a certain point even though you have the selector in 2nd. Thats where a manual valve body works great. If you leave the man. in 2nd for compression braking, it will stay in 2nd.

Dennis

Loc.
Northern California
NOTPRETTY said:
I am going on a trip this weekend. We are going into the con as far as we can go...hopefully little sluice.

Is this you with the Green Bronco?

P1010068.JPG

Tazz

Loc.
Sac. River Delta, CA
Dennis said:
I think the jp gears are too much. For the price of the gears and a heavy duty output conversion, you could get a Atlas II. I know Chack with BC Broncos has a lot of top notch stuff, however I think an Atlas II would be a better option.
The only problem with these setups are the lack of closer to stock gearing for less agressive wheelin. I believe Klune has the perfect answer.
Its only a matter of money ;D ;D ;D

The klune is a good system, but if I remember correctly it's not available to adapt to the D20. Things may be different now.
Money wasn't an issue, so when I did mine I went 435/klune 2.7/4.3atlasII. Lots of options on gearing and I have had no issues with it. This configuration is $$. So if you look into it, don’t have a faint heart.
The lower gearing though, like others have mentioned will totally change your approach and driving style. It makes attempting harder obstacles easier to deal with because you have more control when you’re not using the go peddle as the equalizer.
On any of the options you go with make sure you look into all of the incidental costs that are associated with the install before bailing into it. They add up. One stronger piece in the train only pushes your breakage to another point.
Tazz