• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Junk Yard Goodies

BroncoBoy69

Loc.
Nome Alaska
Hey i thought it would be cool and benifit alot of peps if we all put together a list of useable parts we got from the junk yard.
1.Power steering box 1978 bronco 4X4 and 1986 f-150 box and steering shaft.
2.I herd the electric fan out of a chevy Omega was a good stock fan with 8 blades havent got one yet but looking.

Jerrod4567

Loc.
Bakersfield CA
BroncoBoy69 said:
Hey i thought it would be cool and benifit alot of peps if we all put together a list of useable parts we got from the junk yard.
1.Power steering box 1978 bronco 4X4 and 1986 f-150 box and steering shaft.
2.I herd the electric fan out of a chevy Omega was a good stock fan with 8 blades havent got one yet but looking.

Do you mean Oldsmobile Omega?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I didn't think that an Omega was good for anything, new or used.
If fact I can't remember the last time I say an Omega, moving or dead.
I don't even think the junkyard keep them. Straight to the bailer.

71U140

Loc.
Abilene, Texas
Scored a set of like new armrests from a '90 Econoline the other day! Most of my Bronc is built from junkyard parts. Lots of old standards: C-brand disc brake calipers & mounts, C-brand outer stubs and short inner axles (long inner is a Warn), NP435 from 2wd '79 F250, Mustang II brake booster, Cherokee wiper arms, lenses and reflectors from early '70's econolines. Anybody else with more ideas?

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the plug Zac, I gotta update that thing one of these days. I've got lots more parts pics I can put up there.
Joe

akafrankcastle

Loc.
Kansas City
No problem Joe.
I really need to tap into your NP435 skills one of these days Joe. I found one in a junkyard by MacKall the other day. The thing is, it has this big funny box hooked up behind it. Looks almost like a big ol M21. And it has a hand lever like thing on it. I think it might be a PTO version. Gonna have to snap a pic of it.

cro_bronco

Loc.
Hamilton, MI
I grabbed a rear view mirror out of a junked Caprice taxi. It had lights in the bottom. Now I have some interior lights. I also used a overflow/washer fluid can out of a early 90's Ranger. My front seats are from a 92' daytona, $10 each. You can always grab light bulbs, screws, fuses, and lug nuts. Next will be a dome light to mount on my overhead cage console.:cool: