• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Junkyard Trip

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
Does anyone know of another jump seat that fits between the front seats like the stroppe one?

77-302

Loc.
Canton, MI
TOFIC or anyone.....Is there a tech article or thread on how to install/wire up a 3G if I go to the pick and pull to find one from a 94 3.8L T-bird or 94/95 5.0 Mustang as suggested?

Thanks!!
Brad

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
TOFIC or anyone.....Is there a tech article or thread on how to install/wire up a 3G if I go to the pick and pull to find one from a 94 3.8L T-bird or 94/95 5.0 Mustang as suggested?

Thanks!!
Brad

http://www.bcbroncos.com/3g.pdf

This info is from the BC Broncos site. Don't limit yourself to T birds and Mustangs for a 3G, lots of Fords have them. Ford Taurus is usually a good source.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Thanks, I found a link to a connector on eBay.
Any particular Taurus year? Any with a v-belt pulley already installed?

Thanks again.

I think it starts around 93 on the Taurus. I have never seen one with a v belt but you can swap a v belt pulley on to the alternator while your in the yard or just reuse your current v belt pulley. The 3G looks like this. Most easily identifiable by the lack of an external fan like the original bronco alternator has.

Attachments

• 5546-07136230-1223083.jpg
    5546-07136230-1223083.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 59

66broncofan

Contributor
mid to late 80's jeep grand wagoner middle front seat fits perfectly and folds down as an armrest too. just got one yesterday for less than $11 bucks

Does anyone know of another jump seat that fits between the front seats like the stroppe one?

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The early '70s FJ40 wipers including the rear work well on EBs, and look good with the windshield folded down. They're 2 speed electrics with a cable drive that are always synced. The '58 Mercs had 2 versions of the 383 and a 430. The high compression 383 had a 1.19" venturi 4100 that was rated at 670 CFM, only 70 CFM more than the most common 1.12" venturi 600 CFM 4100. The 430 got the original Holley List 1850, a 600 CFM carb. The Lincoln Versailles from '77-'80 had a 9" rear end with disc brakes that fit '67-'70 Mustangs. The Mustang guys got them all long ago.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The 100A large case 1G alternators were used on many light trucks and police cars in the '80s. They plug right into my '77 harness and produce enough amperage to pin the ammeter needle at idle. Get the short harness from the alternator to the regulator, that you'll want too.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
..I TOO REMEMBER THIS List when it 1st came out ..
GUYS YOU NEED TO READ As many of THE OLD FART FROM CANADA ....Post as you can find. HE WAS A NEAT MEMBER .
He USED To be on every night .
.... He was the best on Hydro Booster. He must have done 50 of them .

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
..I TOO REMEMBER THIS List when it 1st came out ..
GUYS YOU NEED TO READ As many of THE OLD FART FROM CANADA ....Post as you can find. HE WAS A NEAT MEMBER .
He USED To be on every night .
.... He was the best on Hydro Booster. He must have done 50 of them .

I made a list of everything he posted, then added tidbits here and there as I read through the whole thread...TOFIC you live on! Many thanks Sir

I'm heading to the yards on Saturday ;D