• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kansas City area mechanic

easyee

Loc.
Kansas City, MO
Hello Bronco friends,
Anyone know of a good KC area mechanic? specifically motor work? I've got a '74 w/ a 302 in need of some attention.
thank you!

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
Adam Koch of Bonner Springs Auto is also a very solid Mechanic 913-721-2500 if the other's don't work out. Small town shop.

Buckin' 74

Hello Bronco friends,
Anyone know of a good KC area mechanic? specifically motor work? I've got a '74 w/ a 302 in need of some attention.
thank you!
KC is a big area. If you could narrow it down some, it would help to locate what you need.

OP
OP
easyee

easyee

Loc.
Kansas City, MO
Yes, happy to. I'm in KCMO near the country club plaza, so ideally a mechanic within say 25 miles. Thanks for any help. Looking to potentially replace the original 302 with automatic transmission with a new 5.0 EFI. To my knowledge, the original 302 was rebuilt, but I don't have specifics on exactly how long ago.

PNW

Edge Restoration, Ed is who I take my bronco to. Really happy with his work!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yes, happy to. I'm in KCMO near the country club plaza, so ideally a mechanic within say 25 miles. Thanks for any help. Looking to potentially replace the original 302 with automatic transmission with a new 5.0 EFI. To my knowledge, the original 302 was rebuilt, but I don't have specifics on exactly how long ago.

the biggest thing will be "the wait list"

All those guys rock, so you'll have to see what their timelines are to get it done for ya

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
I believe Ed is currently working on the Explorer swap on one and has recently completed 2 others.

I must have seen you a couple weeks ago near 52nd and Summit St headed south towards loose Park.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I believe Ed is currently working on the Explorer swap on one and has recently completed 2 others.

I must have seen you a couple weeks ago near 52nd and Summit St headed south towards loose Park.

the man has a waiting list for sure.. lol

OP
OP
easyee

easyee

Loc.
Kansas City, MO

Small world...that was me. I live in that neighborhood. Are you nearby? Maybe meet up sometime.