• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

keeps blowing turn signal fuse

therd1

Loc.
frankfort
good day all- this is a great site.

I just bought a 74' and have noticed my first bit of trouble...the turn signals do not work. after replacing the fuse and jostling the sockets, i was able to get them to work, VERY shortly after, they stopped.

Is there any common ailments for blowing fuses? From reading around here, it seems that a number of other components are wired into this including radio. The bronc has an aftermarket radio and amp/sub combo. I'm thinking this may be the source of trouble....any ideas??

65 mustang

The turn signal switch is probably shot. Pull the steering wheel off and unscrew the switch from its housing.Replace the fuse and check again. Mine i had to throw one of the screws away to keep it working.Scott

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Do your brake lights work? Brake lights use the same circuit as the rear turn signals from the turn signal switch to the rear lights. If brake lights work good then the problem is in the front turn signal wiring or somewhere between the ignition switch and the turn signal switch.

Attachments

• turn signals.jpg
    turn signals.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 16

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Does the left turn or the right turn kill the fuse? If both sides do it then would highly suspect the turn signal switch.