• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kentucky eb owners

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
Alright I'm gonna try one more time. If any of you Ky people would be interested in forming a bronco club (actually already did that once) give me a shout or go to the bluegrassbroncos link in my sig. Looking for people that want to wheel and or socialize. We've tried it before and had very little success. The forum at bluegrassbroncos will expire soon unless I pay the $$ again and I see no reason to continue with the very limited participation we've had.

MattW

I'm here, I found your Web site last summer, but like you said, lack of traffic there....

broncosam

Bronco Guru
I am still interested. I remember when you tried to get something going before,it seems there was a meet and greet at an eating establishment or something of that nature,I could not attend on the date that was set,and that was the last I heard of it.

gtownky

Loc.
Cynthiana,KY
Im in, I tryed to log onto the web site. I guess my comp. will not let me. I did browse around and like you said. It seem like very little action. This site seems to be good enough. I dont know if I was you if I would shell out money to keep it going if peps are not visiting it. You may also search kentucky members on this site and send a pm to them to see if they are interested in getting together. Go to members list and search by state. I will help in that if you want?

Last edited:

gjrock

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Anacortes,WA
Put an ad on craigslist. You can mass email from your site to get the people that have signed up to let them know the site is still there. I use the same forum.Check ours out. The link is below in the sig.

Last edited:

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I am interested for sure, I have been meeting a few people at moab Offroad and Ka nd I offraod forum. The Moab shop has a lot of cool folks who aremostly Jeep guys but seem really wlecome to a EB guy.. I would love to get together some EB's around Louisville..

OP
OP
broncorckcrwlr

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
I believe part of the lack of traffic problem is people visit but don't post up anything. There are lots of eb owners out there. I have met prolly 50 or more thru the years but not many seem to want to fool with an organized group which is ok. I'd just like to try to have some other bronco people to wheel with. Out of close to 200 broncos at the OCBR last year I was the only one from Ky.
We've got one memebr in Ohio so I guess one in In wouldn't matter all that much. :)
I don't know much about craigslist so that's out unless someone else wants to do something.

redburns

The problem is my Bronco is in Ky, my job is in FL, and my husband is in GA. Hopeing to consolidate in the next few months :)

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I know of a couple others in Louisville, and one of them is on this site from time to time.. Hopefully we can get everyone out of the woodwork.. :)

Ohio Bill

Loc.
Riverside, OH
Sounds like you guys are experiencing the same things we did when starting up Broncohio.
It started with just 3 of us. I went on to search out people in Ohio that been on sites like this one and sent e-mails. It caught on building the website thanks to BroncoMarc. We now collect a yearly dues to support the sight.
Broncorckcrwlr knows our sight and contributes to our forum and e-mail section.
You guys give him the support and you can build a club too!

Good Luck all

OP
OP
broncorckcrwlr

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
Broncorckcrwlr, Where in Ky are you?

I'm in London. There is another guy here in town that has one his dad bought new. He uses it for hunting and that's it. I talked to him last week and he isn't interested in broncos or wheeling or socializing etc. He has the bronco because it was his dads, not because he likes broncos. It serves his purpose for hunting so he hangs onto it. I try to buy it every time I talk to him. ;D There were 3 eb guys in Corbin but the dad died and the 2 sons both traded off theirs. They still have their dads and want to restore it but other matters are more pressing right now for them. I've seen a couple of ebs in Somerset but not been able to find the owners. They are out there but for some reason the most of the ones I have been able to talk to don't seem to be bronco *people* they just happen to own one. For those that are interested talk it up with others and try to post something up on the bluegrass forum regularly just to let people that check in see that we are not dead. Yet.
Thanks Bill for the encouragement. Y'all are a good group of people up there and I check in regularly at Broncohio.

OP
OP
broncorckcrwlr

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
Is this all the Ky folks? Maybe we can get some from Tenn,Ohio, Ind or WV

Well we have one member from Cincinnati and another from In just across the river from Ky. The problem I see with spreading out to other states is we will have a problem with logistics for getogethers. If we ever have another. I don't think people will want to drive several hours to have a meal and chat for a couple hours then have to drive home. Now a wheeling trip might be doable if there are any out there that wheel. Since all the bronco guys in Harlan quit wheeling broncos I only know of a couple that still wheel besides me. Grant Baker from Harlan and Willaim Slover from over near Hindman. William is supposed to be going to the OCBR with me this year if all goes well. Do any of you wheel? Seems most use their broncos for daily drivers or mostly street and don't really wheel. That's why I have more than one. I can beat the crap out of the trail truck and still have one for the street.:)

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Mine is mainly daily driver but I want to wheel, I took it everywhere when I lived in Wyoming, but just have less time, adn don't know where to go here in KY. I ultimately want to "finsih" mine and then have a purely offroard truck for the events and weekend wheeling. For now, I am trying to get mine to be a little more capable for weekend wheeling and still streetable. I don't mind putting it through it's paces off road, even as it is now. I just can't rock crawl, as I only have a 2" lift and 31" tires.. :(

MattW

Not much of a wheeler myself. Building mine into a curb crawler for the most part. I wouldn't have a problem taking it off on some trails as long as it didn't include bashing it up against trees and rocks.

ky2008

Loc.
Ashland, KY
Im in for sure! I wheeled mine all the time until I broke one of the rear axle shafts and parked it.

I'm up for anything.

Ohio Bill

Loc.
Riverside, OH
You fellows might benefit in a co-op outing with Broncohio. I know Marc trailers his down your way in the spring for a trail ride. Don't some of you fellows still go over to Jellico and ride?
Mine is still sitting in the garage as it has been for years so I don't get out with the club much but i do stay in tune.
If i can help you get started just ask.......willing to help.