• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kick panel speaker pods.Whatcha think?

Tram

Bronco Guru
I got 5 1/2 kickers...originally bought the polk marine speakers but they were to deep.. you need to stay under 2 inches. ... Thanks. .they look nice. ...ill let you know how they sound. ...

So.. How'd they sound?

OP
OP
JGZ

JGZ

On the new 6.5" speaker pods I ended up using the polk audio DB651s.Which is a marine certified speaker.The pod is a little deeper and fit to the speaker grille.I've been trying to post some pics.but am having issues doing so.They look the same,just different.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
JGZ, any word on if the right passenger side speaker pod will work with vintage air Early Bronco kit from BCB, tuffy glove box and a roll cage? That would pretty much be the trifecta of interferences...

Are these the ones being sold by WH?

OP
OP
JGZ

JGZ

Don't know about the a/c,but I think they should work.Bronco Hut has them,I don't know if any have gotten to *W/H's yet.Give them a try.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I'm looking for some 6.5s. Right now the local frys has a deal on the Polk marine speakers. I've not had a problem with non marine speakers out in the elements as long as the were urethane. Mine see dirt and rain being topless most of the time.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I bought a used set of these for my daughters rig. No instructions, the moving of the e brake is obvious, but how do they mount? Screws, Velcro?

thanks

Jc.av8r

How easy is it to move the ebrake pedal out of the way? I'd like to put some of these kick panel boxes in but not sure how difficult it is to adjust everything down there so they can fit.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Melissa at Bronco Hut had them in stock in July. I messaged him to see if he has any ready.

Love mine! Had to modify them a little to fit my Hertz Mille Pro speakers. Mounted with screws

gyXC5vl.jpg

807KRWF.jpg

s6N8ewT.jpg

GLcvizq.jpg

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They look great! Who sells these pods?

Last edited:

1977UNCUT

Loc.
Stuart, FL
How easy is it to move the ebrake pedal out of the way? I'd like to put some of these kick panel boxes in but not sure how difficult it is to adjust everything down there so they can fit.
Not hard at all. You just move it towards the passenger side a little & remount. Don't move to far so that it interferes with clutch pedal.