• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kick panel speaker pods.Whatcha think?

Jc.av8r

Not hard at all. You just move it towards the passenger side a little & remount. Don't move to far so that it interferes with clutch pedal.

So the assembly won't slide, I will need to re-drill new holes in the new mounting position?

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
So the assembly won't slide, I will need to re-drill new holes in the new mounting position?

When moving the e-brake for the cage you just drill a new hole in the bottom of the dash and flex it over a couple inches. Looking at the above pics I'm not sure if that will give enough clearance near the firewall side of the speaker.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What about for 6.5s?
Don't see any when I search their site

Correct. Just for simplicity and availability we're only carrying the smaller one.
I think we should just have simplified it by going with the larger one, and then maybe they would have been more available anyway!
Perhaps the smaller one is also easier to fit the Bronco anyway?
Not sure, and don't know anyone with the 6.5's to check out at the moment. Some members here have them though and maybe they'll pipe in with their experiences.

Looking at the above pics I'm not sure if that will give enough clearance near the firewall side of the speaker.

Hmm, I have not heard of anyone complaining about the parking brake interfering. Maybe I wasn't paying attention(?) but I don't remember any comments about that.

Pretty sure it was made to fit without too much drama. As long as you don't put a speaker with too thick of a cover on I suppose.

Paul

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Anyone interested in 6.5" pods email me and I will see if I can get you hooked up with a set

ClassicBroncosofTucson at gmail.com. Obviously substitute the @ sign

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Anyone interested in 6.5" pods email me and I will see if I can get you hooked up with a set

ClassicBroncosofTucson at gmail.com. Obviously substitute the @ sign

I could be interested depending on cost. Eventually swapping to lift off hinges so speakers gotta relocate.

B0neCrush3r

Those look great! Ill take a set, no rush, whenever.

Does anyone have a link to the e brake mod mentioned above?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Not sure, and don't know anyone with the 6.5's to check out at the moment. Some members here have them though and maybe they'll pipe in with their experiences.

seen folks make em work, and nice to have that option for sure.. all about options right

sabeutel

I have the 6.5 with the this Polk speakers. I just forced the parking brake over a bit and used a bracket instead of drilling a new hole. Works good. BUT, hard to get to headlight dimmer switch.

71FBronco

Looking for kick panels for a 1971, wondering if these are still available. Thanks!

67 Halfcab

Send JGZ a pm and he will get back to you. That's how I ordered my set last spring.