• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Knoxville Bronco Owners - 1st Meeting July 30 - DUFFS

volnut77

Loc.
knoxville
What part of Knoxville-North, Littons. West, Roosters (rocky hill) good parking lot serves cold beer. Farther west Hooter Kingston pike?

I'm in.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Near Bristol- a little bit of a haul at 2 hours, but doable at some point (just bought my first EB).

Why not get Duff involved?? Do it at their shop once per quarter?? They could do some business and even publicize the event regionally- can't miss with free press. I can't see why they would even throw in an event discount or at least some hot dogs or something...

Todd

I like the idea of Duff's. There is alot of good places to eat near by also.

OP
OP
abe_froman

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
I'd be totally fine with Duff's, but that's their call. Not mine. I dont want to book a party in somebody else's house, hah.

I'll talk to Suzy sometime and see what she thinks, at least get them involved in it whether they want to host it or not.

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
At the moment I'm working on getting the trail rig finished but hopefully this fall or winter I'll be looking to start another EB project...so yeah, I'm in.

It would be nice to pick a few places indoor to meet through the colder months or bad weather but we could also pick a few places outdoors through the summer. We've got some really nice parks in our area to chose from. Could have a by-monthly cook out or something. Many of our parks are on the water so even the kido's could swim, fish or ride paddle boats. Some us old timers might even enjoy a few rounds of horse shoes...;D

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
I'd be up for it. We just haven't had a real reason to do anything like our open house or combined event with Super Celebration since it moved to Townsend. We've got a RTI ramp, popcorn machine and a BBQ here... So, if you want to do low budget and do a BBQ here, we can help sponsor some food. Or as Chad said, there are tons of good restaurants one exit down at Merchants. I know Quaker Steak & Lube does tons of stuff with motorcycles... I'm up for ideas! Just not same week as MEB Roundup (June 23-25).

Suzy

OP
OP
abe_froman

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
Awesome, Suzy I'll email you and see if we can figure out a date. I dont know what calendar I was looking at that said the last Saturday of June was the 28th, hah.

OP
OP
abe_froman

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
Aaaaalright y'all

The first meeting is on! The fine folks at Duffs are gonna host us. There are still some details to work out but we will probably have some food there. It's open to whoever, Big Broncos, etc. Just a casual meet-up/hang out. Spread the word to anybody that may not be on here, let's have a good turnout.

So mark it on your calendar:

July 30
Duffs Shop

OP
OP
abe_froman

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
I'd say noonish. Haven't set a specific time or anything. Probably just hang out that afternoon, have a good old fashioned heat stroke.

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Hey Guys & Casey,

What we've got for now is:

Cody & Big Joe both bringing smokers with who knows what...
We were going to do some burgers & dogs.
After this weekend at MEB Event, we've got the popcorn machine down to a science!
Ramp for the adventurous.
Tent for cover.
We're going to dig out the scratch & dent/Seconds for the bargain hunters.
A door prize or something special...
Mostly just planning on getting the locals together to BS and get to know each other...

Open for suggestions, volunteers. I've got some kid stuff for activities if we have enough interest to plan it.

Cody, feel free to throw anything in that I've missed. This started as your baby, but I feel we must to something to entertain company! ;D

Suzy

OP
OP
abe_froman

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
Haha, I think you've covered it. I'm just riding your coattails.

Anybody got any ideas on other stuff? Or things you might bring? You can bring parts you wanna unload, whatever.

red71sport

Loc.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Cody as I have said before and now I will tell Suzy...I can help if needed. I live less than 3 miles from Duffs and can certainly haul, lift, pickup, set up, help clean up, whatever. On the kid front I can provide my quads! Nothing says party like four 5 year olds! I was thinking I would bring the kids for a few minutes. They love Broncos, Reagan especially likes "the one with the flowers". I figure they will go home with mama after a very short time though. Let me know.

-jim-

Cody/Suzy if you want my phone number pm me. (Cody, I think you have it.)

Last edited:

77BRONKOTN

I'm in, and

I need....
Stock Size shroud
Driver armrest black.
Used or new spare tire. 33x9.50-15 or 10.50 don't need wheel <<< I really need a spare.

For sale/free ( speak up or I won't haul them)
Duffs receiver hitch,new. $90. I will donate the $90 to the party.
Stock exhaust manifolds,free. You must use or re-give them. Handshake required.
Cluster from a 62 F100 same Bronco looking but has idiot lights, offer?

Cya all there.

OP
OP
abe_froman

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
I'm in, and

I need....
Stock Size shroud
Driver armrest black.
Used or new spare tire. 33x9.50-15 or 10.50 don't need wheel <<< I really need a spare.

For sale/free ( speak up or I won't haul them)
Duffs receiver hitch,new. $90. I will donate the $90 to the party.
Stock exhaust manifolds,free. You must use or re-give them. Handshake required.
Cluster from a 62 F100 same Bronco looking but has idiot lights, offer?

Cya all there.

I maaaaay have a drivers armrest you can have. I cant remember if it's a drivers side or passenger side. Its not in perfect condition, but it's usable.

and I will likely be interested in that hitch.

Last edited:

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Only a few days to go. See you all there.

Was there a date change or did we just fast forward to next Tuesday?? Today is the 19th right?

Trying to see if I can work out this trip- never been to Duffs, only owned my EB for a few months. I would normally tow for something this far (just under 2 hours), but my trailer is up for repairs... may just cruize down in the DD (non Bronco) and check out Duffs and meet some fellow EB owners.

Todd