• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Knoxville , Tn. Bronco people Howiebilt needs a place to stay

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Howie you could borrow my RV if you had a truck to pull it and you could travel all over the country that's of course if you could afford gas;D And yes Howie is a good guy and fun to hang around:cool:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Just not that easy on the eyes....whoooo boy :eek:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Howie you could borrow my RV if you had a truck to pull it and you could travel all over the country that's of course if you could afford gas;D And yes Howie is a good guy and fun to hang around:cool:

And great Stories too Make ya cry laughing... ;)

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
It looks like the Baja Sportage/ Howiebilt will be on the road and heading toward Tennessee in the morning :eek:

It seems that a KIA Sportage is not the cheapest way to travel on a budget and I am finding out the hard way . The wrenchfest was very productive , Mike and I managed to get the Baja road worthy by taking the fan clutch apart , drilling and taping 4 holes in it and making it a posi-locked fan assembly as well as changing the thermostat and radiator cap ( all for less than 10 bucks) .

I have to say that spending time here with broncodesign has been a lot of fun and he and his wife have been such great hosts while I have taken over their house . I would never have been able to take on such an adventure had it not been for their hospitality and I can't thank them enough .

I am looking forward to arriving in Knoxville and meeting some more bronco enthusiasts and I appreciate all of the kind words from my fellow broncoholics and feel fortunate to have met a few along the way ;)

I'll take all the luck I can get so keep up the good thoughts and well wishes !! I only hope that I can do the same for someone else when it comes around to my turn to reciprocate :cool:

Howiebilt

P.S. thanks Jon , for not moving this to the other page ;D

Last edited:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
ride on brother, but don't try hitch hiking.....ain't nobody picking you up! ;D

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Howie, I will be in Knoxville Saturday and Sunday I just found out. Shoot me your # thru P.M. and I'll get a hold of you and try and line a few fellas up.

Blue71

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Howie, I'm in Lee's Summit, MO if you pass thru this way... Hit me up...

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Howie's on the way

Well, we sent junior on his way this morning. :cry: His trek continues to find the ultimate Zen source of Bronco conciousness. The Baja Kia Sportage sounds like a Mack dump truck going down the road with the fan in full lock. We estimate a loss of 2.846578 miles per gallon due to cooling drag. On the up side, the brakes are no longer necessary because it stops immediately after taking your foot off the gas. Maybe a new thread like "where in the world is Howiebilt" or the shorter "wheres Howie" is in order. Sighting reports are appreciated so we know our "son" made it home.
Mike@BroncoDesign

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
It was 1200 miles to my place here in PA from Iowa. Todays cruise to Knoxville is 685. From Knoxville back to his house (assuming he's not lured off course is almost 1500. The boys got an iron butt for sure.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
ain't that the truth! the most miles i've driven in one day was 841. thankfully i had a new chevy cobalt rental. is his kia stock?

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
I talked to Howie this morning and he was on his way.
Hey Mike - Ain't he just a 'Hunk of 4wheeln'! He told me how nice you and your wife were and how much he appreciated everything.
Howie's been knowin' us for a number of years .... he's offered to baby sit our puppies, recently offered to sit with Mr. Floyd while he was convalescening & healing up.
He sold us the original HowieBilt I which is now mine; and has coached myself and numerous others through confidence building 101, 102, 103, 104....need I say more.
His daughter Carrie just left the first part of June for Afganistan (?sp) and his wife Susie is a sweetheart, who knows his big 'ol wheelin' heart.
Any of you folks who are on Howie's 'search route' would do well to try to meet up with him. He's got tons of stories, wheelin' & non (especially some about fruitbat sandwiches) and well....if you just want to meet a fellow Broncoholic, who's just as happy sleepin' on a trailer bed beside his bronco as he is sleepin in a king bed at the Marriott
ya gotta meet Howie.
Howie, should you decide to venture through Oklahoma you know you have a bed at our house for as long as you need it. Take care my bearded fellow Broncoholic.....you know where we are if you should need us well, me anyway - Floyd's still waiting to see the dr. Tuesday but I think you'll be busy til about then.
We love you Howie and we wish you well....check in with us when you have a chance.
C1&F, Tink & Harley

("Where's Howie" thread for sightings will be posted in Off Topic)

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
You guys are shaming me. I've been so engrossed with making Bronco molds, I had no idea I had 4wheeling Royalty coming to stay with me. He talked about you and Floyd in reverent terms on a number of occasions. Didn't get to hear the fruitbat story. Anyway, checked in with him at 1pm. He was in southwest Virginia making good time. The Kia is bone stock with the exception of the super fan we cobbled together to get him home until a new fan clutch could be ordered. The dealer wanted $200 for the whole assembly here. So much for cheap cars. Howie talked to Duffs this morning and they're expecting him so Hes going all the way to Knoxville today.

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Mike, Howie spoke very highly of you and your wife also. I know there's a lot of joking, carrying on and such here but ....in my opinion (which I believe is shared by all who know him) there's only one Howie and we're all proud to call him family & friend. Hope you can make OCBR sometime. You still got time for this year....Sept. 23-26 @ Hot Springs, Arkansas. come join us!

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
according to BG4x4 - they could be keepin' Outback open late.....
I kinda thought Howie would be checking in - but Mike said that Duffs were expecting him - so he could be kinda busy. I bet we get a report tomorrow
if not from Howie at least from BG .......

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
I talked to him about 7:30 and he was just getting off I-75 and there were folks waiting for him at Duff's. I couldn't meet them for dinner because it was going to be late and I had to get the youngin in bed. He's supposed to holler at me tomorrow.

I offered to take him up to the Smokies, then I remembered he's just driven a few thousand miles and sitting in the car might not be such a fun sounding idea. Not to mention, I bet I'd get him a little green around the gills driving through all those curves. Flatlanders... what can ya do? ;D

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I made it !!! only fell asleep 3 or 4times ;D

27 mpg on the first tank and 23 mpg on the second ?:? I don't know why people were looking at me funny while I was driving past them but I swear that new turbo prop posi blade on the front was pulling me faster than normal;D ;D ;D

going to the off topic to find howie now ;)

howiebilt