• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LAST CALL...1st Annual MEB Wrench & Roast, July 19th!

cesco

all this talk about roasting a pig is making me HUNGRY....

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I figger we'll be rolling in sometime Friday evening....

Perfect timing! I'll be picking the pig up Friday afternoon and will have it iced down waiting for you to give it your magic touch!;) . Just tell me what all you need! ;D

Do you use wood or charcoal for the fire?

Any hickory, mesquite, etc. wood chips for flavor?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Perfect timing! I'll be picking the pig up Friday afternoon and will have it iced down waiting for you to give it your magic touch!;) . Just tell me what all you need! ;D

Do you use wood or charcoal for the fire?

Any hickory, mesquite, etc. wood chips for flavor?

Great. %) I use only the real charcoal..made from wood..not the briquets. Humphrey is the brand I have used for years and it takes 2 1/2 bags of theirs to do a 100# pig.. No need for any fancy charcoal or other stuff because pig hide prevents anything from going 'in' flavor-wise.

1 whole pineapple..3 or 4 large onions..small sack of oranges..and some apples and/or pears...maybe 1/4 bushel total. Crabapples are perfect and often free. Will need three of those large throw-away aluminum foil turkey pans (like BK had at the Roundup) for the meat to go in to. I'll bring my own meat thermometer that I am used to, my special 'sewing needle' and a few other things I always use.

Fordfilly

Loc.
Ford Part Heaven
Bill, why don't you just bring your rotisserie, then Judi can bring us both beers while we sit and watch to be sure it doesn't get unplugged....:D

Bring you both beers............excuse me! Something or someone is going to be getting unplugged after that comment.....CHRIS!:p

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For a moment I thought you guys were talking about me, couldn't figure out who I pissed off!

Oh come on now..Gary's reference to a 'hair style' wasn't clue enough to exclude yrself?:p

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Great. %) I use only the real charcoal..made from wood..not the briquets. Humphrey is the brand I have used for years and it takes 2 1/2 bags of theirs to do a 100# pig.. No need for any fancy charcoal or other stuff because pig hide prevents anything from going 'in' flavor-wise.

1 whole pineapple..3 or 4 large onions..small sack of oranges..and some apples and/or pears...maybe 1/4 bushel total. Crabapples are perfect and often free. Will need three of those large throw-away aluminum foil turkey pans (like BK had at the Roundup) for the meat to go in to. I'll bring my own meat thermometer that I am used to, my special 'sewing needle' and a few other things I always use.

Never seen the Humphrey Charcoal, where do you get it?

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I'm almost ready to get the Bronco up to Drew's. I've worked on my Bronco more in the last 2 months than I have in the last 4 years! Sad very sad :( I've finished putting the front accesories on the motor, cooling system is done, EFI lines/filter, exhaust, BCB throttle cable, seals on both transfercases, transmission sealed up, front D60 axles put back in, and MANY other small stuff.

What I still need to get done before it goes to Drew's....
Cut 3/8's off the rear 35 spline axles I found in a D70- might do it at Drew's
Find a O2 harness from the main harness to the O2 sensors
Weld in the O2 bungs
Find out why my tranny is hard to shift (NP435)
Gather all my parts and tools
Get some more lug nuts, 32 of them!
Put gas in it

What needs done next weekend.

1) Cut off all old brackets on the rear Dana 60
2) Weld on new spring perches and shock mounts.
3) Install front Dana 60 with the Cage Arms with the weld on axles mounts.
4) Weld on stock track bar bracket and install WH track bar riser.
5) Weld the F250 shock towers on the frame.
6) Wire the Ford Motorsports harness to the Centech.
7) Install the 1310 Dana 60 yokes on both axles.
8) Make at least one driveshaft so when it starts I can drive it :)

My list of tools I'm bringing
3/8 impact
1/2 impact
air drill
air hammer and chisels
2 cut off wheels
grinder
hand tools
welding helmet
jumper box
1" drive sockets
extra cut off wheel blades, grinding disks

Do we need my MIG?? it's a 220V 200 Lincoln. Any other tools? I can borrow just about anything from bodymen/mechanics at work.

I'm really looking forward to get it running. Next June it will be on the trail at the Roundup. I appreciate EVERYONE that is showing up next weekend. The pig tenders and all who will help fix food. Will try to take pictures and update my contibutor status.
Thanks again!

ransil

Bronco Guru
Looks like it is near Brian, if he is showing up have him pick it up.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Allen,

I have my 220V Miller MIG and plasma so we are covered there. I also have boxes of grinding and cut-off wheels courtesy of my engineering buddy who works at DeWalt's Accesory R&D.

Bring another set of 1/2" impact sockets if you have them.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Rebuilt, with new synchros?

I had to take it apart to put in the new main shaft for the doubler. That was 4-5 years ago and I think I got a basic rebuild kit when I did it. I think it might not be in neutral and the shifter forks aren't lined up. At least that is what I'm hoping.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had to take it apart to put in the new main shaft for the doubler. That was 4-5 years ago and I think I got a basic rebuild kit when I did it. I think it might not be in neutral and the shifter forks aren't lined up. At least that is what I'm hoping.

hmmm. Easy stuff to check out anyway unless you have it in the rig and don't have a full tunnel cover like I do. Reason I was asking was because when I rebuilt mine with new synchros, it was a real beeyotch to shift 2, 3 or 4 for the first few thousand miles. Even took it apart again right away it was so tight...couldn't find a thing wrong and it eventually got reasonable and has been fine ever since..probably 100,000 miles ago now.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Last week it wouldn't shift at all like it was bound up. Asked our mechanical wiz at work about it and he said it sounded like the syncros were in the wrong places. Fooled around with them and put the cover back on and it shifts but hard to get in gear. So Bill that's good to hear it was like that for you , it does shift in granny or 1st and reverse easier than the other gears. I figure if I can get in second gear it will move around once we get it started. My main goal is to drive it on the trailer, in granny since I don't have hydro brake lines run yet:) If there is a major problem with the tranny I'll just take it to work. I have access to lifts, tranny jacks, and our mechanic who is a wiz at just about everything.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Hey Bill, are you bringing your boy? Mine wants to know.

Drew, I'll bring a bunch of tools as well, 1/2 impact stuff, grinder and so on. Is the one welder going to be enough or are we going to be tripping over each other to use it?