• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Leaf spring shims and center bolt

jdbronco

Loc.
Panama City Beach
While I continue waiting for my lift kit to ship from Jeff's I have decided to go ahead and order shims for rotating the rear axle so I don't have to do it later.
I read the tech article on it and settled on 6 degree shims being a good bet for a 2.5" lift.
My question is, do I need a new, longer center bolt or will the one on the new springs be long enough? If I need a new one, does anyone know what the diameter is so I can go ahead and order them too?

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
The shims you ordered should come with bolts. I ordered a set of shims from WH and it came with two sets of nuts and bolts.

Attachments

• IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
J

jdbronco

Loc.
Panama City Beach
Thanks for mentioning theirs. I had remembered them being really expensive when I looked a while back so I didn't even look again. Not sure what I saw before but they are competitive with any others and have the bolts!

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Some vendors include bolts, some don't. If you have to order the bolts separate, ask if the size listed is the thread diameter or the head diameter. I asked specifically and they were still wrong...

OP
OP
J

jdbronco

Loc.
Panama City Beach
Some vendors include bolts, some don't. If you have to order the bolts separate, ask if the size listed is the thread diameter or the head diameter. I asked specifically and they were still wrong...

Wow that would be frustrating. I ended up ordering some from WH this morning. They actually come with two sizes of bolts so I should be good to go.

PaveBronco

Also the WH shims are actually steel, not crap Pot Metal that most others are made from, and will corrode and fall apart quick in your neck of the woods..