• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LED Tail Lights

604birdman

Ive seen a few offered out there. I purchased a set off ebay, they were the best Board layout i found but only for 68+ but dont look very good in the factory lense.

I took the liberty of starting to fabricate my own lenses, on my 69 here are some pics, but im having difficulty figuring out what to do with the reverse white portion of the lense. and smoking out the edges so you can't see the bulb housings.
IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

does someone make a lense before i keep going?

has anyone used or heard of
http://www.mer-leds.com/led/bronco/ledlights.html

i was thinking of running their 66 LED board, and use my red lense so i wouldnt have to figure out the reverse white lense

whats anyone else using?

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
This has been on my wish list for awhile, but I'm too cheap to buy anything. I'm working on collecting some LEDs and making my own someday. I ran across mer-leds awhile back and think it would be a great replacement for stock. The only thing I would worry about is corrosion and the like with the environment on a bare PCB with the solder exposed. In an outdoor environment, some kind of coating would be highly recommended.

Couldn't you just glue in a frosted (something not totally clear) square piece for reverse?

Dusty

Bronco Guru
604birdman thanks for the lead on mer-leds.com. I had been looking for an LED front turn signal that wasn't just a replacement bulb. Sent them an email asking about it, and also about an LED license plate lamp :)