• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Let's see those 76-77 Special Decor Broncos

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
That seems high. I’m thinking that number just means that 204 Copper metallic Broncos had Sport trim. It only includes the paint and trim codes.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yes I thought it high as well.Also look at DSO(Memphis), I know the original owner lived just west of Tupelo,Ms.
So I'm assuming there's where he would have purchased it?(tupelo dealer at that time)

But Marti shows Jerry Stoltz Ford in Philipburg,Pa.? Dealer swap maybe?

OP
OP
stout22

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Yes I thought it high as well.Also look at DSO(Memphis), I know the original owner lived just west of Tupelo,Ms.
So I'm assuming there's where he would have purchased it?(tupelo dealer at that time)

That is odd.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia

Hmmmm..... That appears to be a Marti report screw up. The first two digits of a dealer code are the DSO. Both are 23 in this case. I would not expect a Pennsylvania dealer to have the same DSO as a Memphis dealer.

I did a search on the Ford fleet site for that dealer code and nothing was found. The dealership probably closed. A search by location shows dealerships near Philipsburg PA as having first digits(DSO) of 44 or 18. Dealerships near Memphis all show as 23. I think the Marti has the wrong dealer listed.
https://www.fleet.ford.com/fleetdealers/

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
The Ford dealer in tupelo at that time was Searcy Ford. But a couple smaller towns had dealerships as well. Could have been one of any of them.

I'm begining to wonder about marti as some others have pointed out mistakes lately.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Here's your chance to question them. It just doesn't make since that a DSO Memphis Bronco would end up in a PA dealership.

I did call. Someone named Scott answered. Friendly guy btw. He said what happened was the Pa. Dealer order the Bronco then canceled the otder. Then was sent to Memphis dso on request.

Said he couldn't tell me the actual selling Dealer as ford did not have that listed.

When I pointed out the 23 dso for Memphis he said on the other line when dso number had an additional letter and numbers it ment another dealer had ordered first but another dealer sold it.

Guess I'll have to let it go at that.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The Ford dealer in tupelo at that time was Searcy Ford. But a couple smaller towns had dealerships as well. Could have been one of any of them.

I'm begining to wonder about marti as some others have pointed out mistakes lately.

I remember that place....

OP
OP
stout22

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Glad you got an answer on the DSO.
I've got a 76 from George Cooper Ford in Raymond MS. At least that's what I think the old sticker says.

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
You need another one brother.. :)

Not another one like that!! Already got one and paying someone to patch it up. :cry:

The 'reinforcement' of the tailgate makes me wonder if the same type ingenuity is what's holding the body on the frame...that body is toast!

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
76 bronco

My 76 ranger original argent silver grill , top body color original

Attachments

• F9214795-E2B0-4683-93C3-CB0C7159914D.jpg
    F9214795-E2B0-4683-93C3-CB0C7159914D.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 52