• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Leveling suggestions??

leander77

Loc.
Leander, Tx
I put a 3 1/2" lift on using the add a leaf on the rear. I guess the old springs were a little tired, so it sags a little in the rear. Need about 5/8" to get the rear passenger side back up to the height of the front passenger. The driver's side will need a little more.
I've seen the blocks on the vendor sites, but they start at 1 1/2" which is too much. What's the best way to get her sitting level again?
There is also a difference between the front passenger and front driver side. I'm not sure how to go about leveling the front.
I'd like to see how some of you have tackled this issue.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Auto Zone and Advanve Auto have 1" lift block kits with U bolts, and hardware. I have used the 1" blocks a few times. Some people will argue against them, but I've ran them for 20,000 miles on a '71 and rides and performs great.

Blue71

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Never been a fan of lift blocks but I have ran them temporarily in the past.

From my experience chasing lean and driveabilty issues, you will be miles ahead installing a leaf pack arched for 3 1/2 inches. If you cannot afford them new I'd be willing to bet that one of the members on this site has a set they would part with for a small price.