• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Linear vs Progressive set ups

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
LOL...chrome may not get you home, but those shocks sure will. All kidding aside, I'll agree that a good monotube shock is going to help, but won't replace the need for a sway bar in many applications.

I don't disagree. In our testing on the 3.5 with 35's and 5.5" lifts with 36" the new monotube shocks made a considerable difference w/o needing a sway bar. This was with long arms as well. Believe me, I was pleasantly surprised.

Here's where it gets interesting. I changed the 35's with 15" wheels out on the Bronco with a 3.5" lift for an old set of 37" BFG A/T's on 17" wheels and it made a noticeable change in the ride control in the corners. More sway. Even when I manipulated the tire pressure.

I say all this because there are so many factors that change from one Bronco to the next, asking a suspension setup from one vendor to be consistently perfect for every Bronco is impossible. We try to find a sweet spot that will work for the majority.

Hope that helps and hey, it WAS less sales pitchy too ;)

MM

Last edited:

cody72sport

Also, anyone that is looking for our parts on dufftuff.com. Use our search function first at the top left of the screen and type in a key word like DUCKTUFF or T REX or if you have the 4 digit part number. Then click GO. That is the quickest way to search for our parts.

Hope that helps. Especially old timers like Todd Z. ;D;D;D

MM

a little off topic but what are the options for dual shocks with the t rex arms?

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
a little off topic but what are the options for dual shocks with the T-Rex arms?

It's a great question and hopefully the OP finds it to be useful too.

If you want to run dual shocks up front with our T-Rex arms I would suggest running a shock hoop and then having the second shock mount in front of the of the coil bucket. This will require welding a shock tab to the c cap. We offer two styles. one for a Bronco that has the tie rod under the knuckle and another for those running their tie rod over the knuckle.

If you want to run T-Rex arms and you want the second shock behind the coil bucket it will require welding an additional mount to the T-Rex arm which we can provide and using a shock hoop or shock tower at the frame. Keep in mind, this method will damage the powder coat to the arms.

If dual shocks are not important to you aesthetically but you like the function provided by two shocks then you should seriously consider replacing the two shocks for one of the new MS2020 shocks per corner we now carry. Great ride, great look and a huge jump in technology and performance.

MM

MrT

Here's where it gets interesting. I changed the 35's with 15" wheels out on the Bronco with a 3.5" lift for an old set of 37" BFG A/T's on 17" wheels and it made a noticeable change in the ride control in the corners. More sway. Even when I manipulated the tire pressure.

MM

Are you saying there was more sway with 17" wheels?

MrT

No.

What I am saying is, the taller heavier wheel/tire combo felt like it gave the Bronco more body roll.

That makes sense. The last 2 door JK I ran 37's on I paid close attention to tire and wheel weight. BFG and Mastercraft 37's are some of the lightest I found.