• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Liquid Salt?

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
From what I understand, it rots the crap out of the brake lines. We had a car that it did this too 2 years ago. The one shop that I had do an exhaust to my '74 bronco last fall said he went though 2000 feet of steel brake line replacement to client cars last year. I see one problem in that somebody is going to get killed from failed brake lines and the state is going to end up with a lawsuit. Yeah, you can tell this has been a sorry issue with me ever since they decided to use it here.

Hate to say it , but it has been my experience that it really eats the Ford brake lines. May just be the luck of the draw for me , or may be Ford has been cheaping out on brake lines. Cheaping out , I know it is a well known issue , documented by Navistar , Ford directed them to cheap out on the oil pans for the 7.3L diesels , they have a rust through issue now. Costs $2k to replace the oil pan .... motor has to pulled.
Back to the brake lines ...
Several company vehicles , personal vehicles and my folks Taurus , all Fords , none of the others , GM , imports , etc.
Just my experience.

Last edited: