• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Liquid Sound Insulation Installation

prosys1

Loc.
Victorville, CA
What is this poker run?

It's a poker run they hold every year the weekend after Mother's Day.
It's located near Shaver Lake which is east of Fresno on hwy 168.
It's a blast. I go up early Thursday morning and come home on Sunday afternoon.
Here's last years flyer and a link to the campground. The picture of the campsite in the link is the actual campsite my friends and I get. Your welcome to join us, there's room.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sierra/recreation/camping/campgrounds/bretzmill.shtml

Attachments

• MT 2010.jpg
    MT 2010.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 17

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I picked up a roller with the largest nap that they had. Im thinking I can glob it on and as long as I dont "roll" it back and forth too much, it should lay out pretty thick.

I think I'll start with the roller first - if its not getting me where I wanna be, I'll start sprayin the mofo. ;D

prosys1

Loc.
Victorville, CA
I picked up a roller with the largest nap that they had. Im thinking I can glob it on and as long as I dont "roll" it back and forth too much, it should lay out pretty thick.

I think I'll start with the roller first - if its not getting me where I wanna be, I'll start sprayin the mofo. ;D

LMAO.......I can't wait to see the results.......
Sure glad someone else is doing the experimenting...

OP
OP
aliensecretion

aliensecretion

well it sounds like one way or another, in a few days we should know the best way to do this!

OP
OP
aliensecretion

aliensecretion

Yeah, I got the one from lizard skin, post 9&10 has the info on that. Hopefully get to try it out this weekend!

OP
OP
aliensecretion

aliensecretion

Finally got the top off and got to spray inside. The gun worked well but my compressor proved to not be able to keep up. Could only spray a couple of passes before having to wait for it to build pressure back up. Ended up covering just like a texture gun would. Would probably roll a coat first before spraying (and have a big enough compressor) if i did it again. After it dries i'll figure out the next step but I may roll a layer to make sure I have 100% coverage then call that part done, spray it white and get it back on for a test drive!

Attachments

• top texture.jpg
    top texture.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 51
  • wide top.jpg
    wide top.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 50
  • gun.jpg
    gun.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 44
  • compressor.jpg
    compressor.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
aliensecretion

aliensecretion

Well, it's been a while but the work has been progressing... slowly. Currently putting paint on the inside of the top and getting the new roll bar powder coated. Picked up the bar today and as soon as the old family cage sells, i'll be wrapping this phase up and getting the truck over for the floor pan replacement. Will post pics of the top as soon as I get the last coat of paint on.

OP
OP
aliensecretion

aliensecretion

It's been hard to work on anything with all my free time going to paperwork and various things for the new house. That has also put a hold on my floor pan fixing plan but at least the paint in the top is finally done! Hopefully the old cage comes out this weekend and the new one goes in. Also waiting on something to arrive that will add a really nice touch to the inside of the top. Not going to give it away but it should be a really nice modern touch.

Attachments

• painted top 1.jpg
    painted top 1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 49
  • painted top 2.jpg
    painted top 2.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 48

prosys1

Loc.
Victorville, CA
It's been hard to work on anything with all my free time going to paperwork and various things for the new house. That has also put a hold on my floor pan fixing plan but at least the paint in the top is finally done! Hopefully the old cage comes out this weekend and the new one goes in. Also waiting on something to arrive that will add a really nice touch to the inside of the top. Not going to give it away but it should be a really nice modern touch.

I got it! Dingle balls.........LOL

Looks very nice.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Looks great. Let us know how it works. I used the asphalt flashing in my sleeper and haven't "tested" it yet.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used QuietCar in my wife's Escape. Wish it was out when I did my Bronco. I used a 3/4" nap roller for the big stuff and a cheapo brush for the corners. I would use it again, but a sprayer would be a nice way to get it in the doors and other tight spots.

OP
OP
aliensecretion

aliensecretion

Yeah, sprayer would have worked great and I would have been done a month ago if my compressor could have kept up!

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The stuff worked so well I did the back of the laundry doors to quiet down the clothes washer. Wife thought I was nuts, but that is a recurring theme in my house.

OP
OP
aliensecretion

aliensecretion

The stuff worked so well I did the back of the laundry doors to quiet down the clothes washer. Wife thought I was nuts, but that is a recurring theme in my house.

Ha! That's an interesting use I didn't think of. I wonder why they don't put something like that on the inside of the washers from the factory? I'd pay a few dollars more for that!

OP
OP
aliensecretion

aliensecretion

This project pretty much took a back seat but now that the truck is almost drivable again I thought I'd pick it back up. The photos are the almost complete cover. Warm white, waterproof, LED ribbons down both sides wired to the factory dome light plug. The photos were taken in the garage with all the lights off except the LEDs. They put out quite a bit of light! The only thing left for the top is to finish up the wiper cover and put it and the visors back in.

Attachments

• lights001.jpg
    lights001.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 57
  • lights002.jpg
    lights002.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 48