• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lonesouth's Tan 77

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
so, here is a fun fact. Nearly everything in the rear drums is identical, side to side. The one thing that is specific to each side? The auto adjusters. Put those on the wrong side, and it will auto adjust the rear brakes to nothing.

I found that after I replaced the master cylinder, but as cheap as the MC was, I'll keep it. The old one looked like it may have been leaking into the booster. No a lot, but enough to leave a gunky film.

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
for nearly 5,000 posts, you would think I should have a nicer bronco.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
so, here is a fun fact. Nearly everything in the rear drums is identical, side to side. The one thing that is specific to each side? The auto adjusters. Put those on the wrong side, and it will auto adjust the rear brakes to nothing.

I found that after I replaced the master cylinder, but as cheap as the MC was, I'll keep it. The old one looked like it may have been leaking into the booster. No a lot, but enough to leave a gunky film.

now that's funny right there, a real head scratcher for sure. ;D

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not a lot to report of late. I did get the ranger bench seat in, and it does fit the whole family nicely. Good thing it is just kids going in the back, though, the slides and fold aren't all that great.

A few years ago, I ordered a bunch of eurolight spots lights, KC knock offs, and they've been sitting in my shed ever since. I think they even made the move 11 years ago. I came across them last weekend and figured I ought to finally use them. About 4 years ago, I ordered some H3 xenon bulbs for about $35. It only took about 5 minutes to figure out that they fit the housings, and about 10 minutes to wire it all up enough to test. I can say that these things are ridiculously bright, even during warm up. So, that will be the next project.

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think it is time to take the top off. Maybe this weekend.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Hey Parker your bronco did great at sowega but I think you needed them ditch witch tires on that one hill!;D

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Finally got around to mounting my powertank. Its only been two years, but that seems to be in keeping with my style of building.

Also I was able to shorten my flagpole so that it would fit in the garage without hitting, it only took 3 times to get it right. Anyway, I got a 2x3 flag which is a good size for the bronco.

Also, I'm working on adding a pair of 6" xenon spotlights to the front. I'll put some of that in the welding thread.

Attachments

• 29136079_10102709476988442_7757278409566385335_n.jpg
    29136079_10102709476988442_7757278409566385335_n.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 86

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Hey Parker your bronco did great at sowega but I think you needed them ditch witch tires on that one hill!;D

Parker, did you make it up the one I tried several times? I was running like 36 PSI in my tires. I wish I had aired down because it bothers me I did not make it up that hill!
:(

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I didn't make it up that one. I was running 15psi, and the wife was white knuckled the whole time. If she wasn't in the bronco, I would have hit it harder.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
What hill are you guys talking about? I don't remember any hill being hard to get up, did I miss it?

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The one next to the highway overpass, had to come up it to get down to the concrete spillway.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
The one next to the highway overpass, had to come up it to get down to the concrete spillway.

I guess I would have had to go up it then. I must have picked a better line because I don't remember it being a problem.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
It was not too far from us reaching the hole that got you last year. At the bottom of it was a bit of wetness to load up the tires with mud. I had the tires smoking on the roots my last try up while sawing the wheel a bit. Got close but no cigar!

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I guess I would have had to go up it then. I must have picked a better line because I don't remember it being a problem.

there was another line that most of us took. It was to the right, and Brian had to hold a small tree back

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
It was not too far from us reaching the hole that got you last year. At the bottom of it was a bit of wetness to load up the tires with mud. I had the tires smoking on the roots my last try up while sawing the wheel a bit. Got close but no cigar!

Oh, I remember that one, I was right behind you while you tried a few times. You went another way but I just floored it and made it up.

Parker, when I made it up you where standing at the top and said "you made that look easy".