• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lookee What I Did Today ! Update Another EFI success story

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did you have any hassles at all with hoisting the whole assembly in there at once? Sounds like it went pretty smooth, but would you do it that way again?

Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
scotts77

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA
Did you have any hassles at all with hoisting the whole assembly in there at once? Sounds like it went pretty smooth, but would you do it that way again?

Thanks

Paul

It took a total of 2.5 hours from the time we hooked it all to the hoist until the final bolt was tightened. Alot of that was assembling the cross member. No real hassles. I doubled the chain because I was worried it breaking at the point when we had it 8' over the rad support. Some careful maneuvering of the hoist and one guy under the truck guiding it. It was done with myself and 1 friend. Would have been nice to have a third person, but all in all it was EASY. Ive installed the tranny from below before and spent twice as long beating my head and hands on everything trying to get it lined up. No question I would do it this way again.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Excellent. Thanks.

I'm taking one out this morning and though I've done it engine alone many times before, I always wondered what it would be like with all the other crapola hanging from it.

Paul

OP
OP
scotts77

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA
Well I've had it running for a couple of weeks now, but have been weeding the bugs out of it. It's really running well, has a train-load of power and is just plain fun to drive. The engine combo I ended up with really played out well. I had read some negative things about the E303 FMS cam in a truck, but with the Windsor heads and 5 speed it is awsome.
So the EFI conversion was the major project this Fall/Winter, but I did many other thing as well. The NV3550 is beautiful at 70 mph, I did a 1" BL, new Ididit tilt column, completely redid my dash, new BCB 23 gal EFI tank, all new plumbing, all new wiring courtesy of Ron Francis and RJM, new 3G alt, 66' turn signal conversion and Wild Horses Stainless air dam. Whew, that's alot. I have to say I referenced to CB many, many times. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions and who took time to do tech writeups on EFI and tranny conversions among others. I have really learned alot in the past few months and I look forward to sharing that knowledge with others in the future.

Attachments

• 24FEB08 048.jpg
    24FEB08 048.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 92
  • bronco 004.jpg
    bronco 004.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 92
  • bronco 013.jpg
    bronco 013.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 57
  • bronco 014.jpg
    bronco 014.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 63
  • bronco 017.jpg
    bronco 017.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 23
  • bronco 007.jpg
    bronco 007.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 58
  • bronco 006.jpg
    bronco 006.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 69

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
77, did you quit your day job?? Man, I was there the day the motor was going back in, you've been humping it. Looks great!! Didn't know about the new steering and 66 lights, the "5.0" is a nice touch!!;D ;D I'll be in touch.;D ;D

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I would really like to see a picture of your shifter boot next to the twin sticks. I am doing a very similar project on a 76.

P.S. - The truck is beautiful!

Chris B.

OP
OP
scotts77

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA
I would really like to see a picture of your shifter boot next to the twin sticks. I am doing a very similar project on a 76.

P.S. - The truck is beautiful!

Chris B.

Here's the only pic I have of it. They overlap about an inch. Thanks for the compliments !!

Attachments

• P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 26